Albuquerque, NM (PRWEB) May 05, 2014
Albuquerque has so much to offer visitors in the summer months. From al fresco dining and exciting events, to stunning sunsets and outdoor adventures, this is the place you’ll want to spend your summer vacation.
Here are the Top 5 Reasons you should start planning your Albuquerque Summer Vacation Now:
1. Reach New Heights: Many people aren’t aware that Albuquerque sits at an elevation slightly higher than Denver. The altitude gives the city warm, dry days and cooler, comfortable evenings. Ride the Sandia Peak Tramway or take a hot air balloon ride for tip-top views of the city. Explore the Sandia Mountains via hike or mountain bike ride – Albuquerque has some of the best trails in the nation.
2. It’s a Deal!: From family-friendly packages that include fun extras like water park passes, zoo tickets and amusement park entry, to couple-centric deals that include cocktails, museum passes and free breakfast, the options are endless. Check out all the packages at http://www.visitalbuquerque.org/specials-coupons/packages/summer/.
3. Indoor AND Outdoor Family Fun: Get wild at Albuquerque’s renowned BioPark Zoo and Botanic Garden, then head indoors to explore their Aquarium. See the Rio Grande by taking a guided paddling tour, and take a hike along its banks at the Rio Grande Nature Center. Have hands-on fun at Explora and the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science, conveniently located across the street from one another.
4. Sports & Special Events: Try your hand golfing at one of the area’s 14 courses, then cheer on the Albuquerque Isotopes baseball team at their fun-filled park. From music festivals and an outdoor concert series, to an antique show and a fun run centered around donuts, you’ll always have something to do.
5. Eat & Dine Outside: Whether you’re looking for a romantic patio in Old Town or a lively outdoor space in Nob Hill, there are dozens of fantastic options to enjoy your cuisine and the weather at the same time. Burn off those delicious calories by shopping outdoors at ABQ Uptown, Nob Hill or Old Town – all three offer distinctly different types of shops, from upscale modern stores, to funky boutiques and Southwestern galleries.
In addition to all the fun options, the Albuquerque CVB is adding to them by offering visitors the chance to win a trip for two this summer. The package, valued at more than $600, includes: a two-night stay at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town or Nativo Lodge, admission for two to the ABQ BioPark Zoo, Aquarium and Botanic Garden, the Albuquerque Museum of Art & History, the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum, and a $200 VISA gift card that can be used for airfare, gas or shopping.
“When travelers consider Albuquerque as their summer vacation destination, they’ll not only be impressed with how much there is to see and do here, but they’ll also be pleasantly surprised by what an incredible value Albuquerque offers,” said Tania Armenta, vice president of marketing for the Albuquerque CVB. “This getaway package showcases some of the best things to do in our city, and allows visitors room to tailor the trip with activities that fit their vacation style.”
Start planning your trip today by visiting http://www.visitalbuquerque.org/summer2014. To enter the sweepstakes visit http://www.visitalbuquerque.org/culture2014. Entries are accepted now through June 30, 2014.
The mission of the Albuquerque Convention and Visitors Bureau is to stimulate economic growth by marketing Albuquerque as a visitor and convention destination. For information visit http://www.visitalbuquerque.org, http://www.facebook.com/visitABQ or http://www.twitter.com/VisitABQ.