Mountain View, CA (PRWEB) May 05, 2014
Silicon Valley Gives is a 24-hour effort to raise millions for more than 650 charities in Santa Clara, San Mateo and San Benito counties, and is the region’s first-ever “giving day.”
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Midnight to 11:59 p.m.
- Microsoft retail store, Westfield Valley Fair Mall, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
2855 Stevens Creek Blvd., Level 1, store A11, Santa Clara CA 95050
- Whole Foods Blossom Hill (San Jose)
1146 Blossom Hill Rd., San Jose CA 95118
Interviews with local nonprofits from 7-11 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
- Whole Foods Palo Alto, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., with live broadcast by KFOX from 4-6 p.m.
774 Emerson St., Palo Alto CA 94301
- Sobrato Center for Nonprofits, 330 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City CA 94065
9:30-11 a.m.: Storytime and activities with Raising A Reader. Adults, including Emmett Carson, CEO and president of SVCF, will read to kids.
11 a.m.-4:30 p.m.: Activities for children and parents with My New Red Shoes
4:30-6 p.m. “Share that Giving Feeling” happy hour with live music
Volunteers and nonprofit spokespeople will be at Microsoft retail stores at Westfield Valley Fair mall and Stanford Shopping Center, several Whole Foods throughout Silicon Valley, Santana Row plaza, Paseo de San Antonio Walk in San Jose and more. For a complete list of events locations and addresses, visit http://svgives.razoo.com/giving_events/svg14/dayof
“SVGives will raise awareness of – and money for – the many terrific organizations working to make our communities stronger, and along the way we are helping nonprofits strengthen their own capacity to attract donors and build for the future,” said Emmett Carson, CEO and president of Silicon Valley Community Foundation. SVCF is hosting the event along with lead sponsor Microsoft.
Emmett Carson, CEO and president, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Sid Espinosa, Director of Philanthropy & Civic Engagement, Microsoft
Mari Ellen Loijens, Chief Business, Development and Brand Officer, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
1) Volunteers seeking donations and offering information to customers at Microsoft stores, Whole Foods stores, Santana Row.
2) Adults, including SVCF CEO Emmett Carson, reading to kids at Raising A Reader “storytime” event.
3) San Jose Repertory live performances, 4-7 p.m. at 101 Paseo de San Antonio Walk, San Jose CA 95124
For a complete list of events locations and addresses, visit http://svgives.razoo.com/giving_events/svg14/dayof
In addition to individuals mentioned above, interviews are available with representatives from many participating nonprofit organizations.
Sue McAllister, Marketing Director, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
650.450.5513 office phone, 415.999.1590 mobile, sjmcallister(at)siliconvalleycf(dot)org