Boulder, CO (PRWEB) May 06, 2014
Enterprise Management Associates (EMA), a leading IT and data management research and consulting firm, today announced it will host a research Webinar entitled “The Evolution of Data Driven Security: The Information Security Practitioners Guide to Better Security,” featuring EMA Research Director, Security and Risk Management, David Monahan.
In this new security research, Monahan has delved into the world of the security practitioner to understand how the need for more and variant sources of data and the ability to analyze them are changing the speed and methods in which they are able to respond. The era of Big Data has fueled the development of new analytical tools to augment previous attack and breach identification and response capabilities.
During this Webinar, Monahan will cover:
- Rankings of 13 different tools categories with their respective deployment and satisfaction within the respondent groups
- Value of SIEM vs. security analytics
- Difference between security analytics and threat analytics/intelligence solutions
- Effectiveness and value of security analytics tools as perceived by the business
- Impact of security tools in incident response
Some of the key findings from the research are:
- 46% of respondents said they believe security analytics is the next evolution in SIEM
- 65% of respondents said they are looking for advanced automated response
- 69% of respondents said they were somewhat confident to highly doubtful they could detect an important security issue before it had significant impact
- 90% of respondents said since the introduction of a security analytics solution, they have seen a reduction in false alerts or an improvement in actionable alerts
The Webinar is Tuesday, May 13 at 2:00 p.m. EDT. Those who wish to attend can register at: http://research.enterprisemanagement.com/data-driven-security-2014-webinar-pr.html.
About Enterprise Management Associates (EMA)
Founded in 1996, Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) is a leading industry analyst firm that specializes in providing deep insight across the full spectrum of IT and data management technologies. EMA analysts leverage a unique combination of practical experience, insight into industry best practices, and in-depth knowledge of current and planned vendor solutions to help its clients achieve their goals. Learn more about EMA research, analysis, and consulting services for enterprise line of business users, IT professionals and IT vendors at http://www.enterprisemanagement.com or blogs.enterprisemanagement.com.