Washington, DC (PRWEB) May 06, 2014
Today more than ever, Americans live sedative lifestyles that are aided by hundreds of television stations and websites. Although exercise is one of humans most basic needs, the extent of many's daily movement is moving from the couch to the car and then the car to the office. Exercise does much more than keep people slim, it also raises metabolisms, strengthens bones, builds muscle mass and can prevent asthma and allergies. The Washington Post recently released an article on 12 workouts that can be done at work and Dr. Sanjay Jain, author of Optimal Living 360: Smart Decision Making for a Balanced Life, has listed his favorite ones.
1) Chair Dips – (10 reps) With your legs out in front of you, grab the edge of a chair (or desk) and lift yourself down and back up. At the end, you'll be conveniently back in your seat.
2) Walking – (10 mins.) Lap your block or a floor of your office. Try for a pace of 100 steps per minute, which is easy if you don't stop to play with tchotchkes on other people's desks.
3) Hamstring Curl – (20 reps) Bend arms at the elbow. Bring one foot up toward your rear end while straightening your arms so that your hands are down when your foot is up.
4) Knee Lifts – (20 reps) Just like hamstring curls, except you lift your knee up in front as your arms go down.
5) Desk Pushup – (10 reps) Place hands on edge of desk, shoulder width apart, legs out behind you. Push off with as much force as you can.
“At your work desk, you can flex your muscles and do stretching on regular intervals as needed. The simple act of choosing the stairs over the elevator in your building can add up to positive momentum. You can find a way to move your body at just about any time.” (Dr. Sanjay Jain, Optimal Living 360)
For more information on moving your body and living a healthier lifestyle please visit Dr. Jain's website at http://www.sanjayjainmd.com/ and purchase Optimal Living 360: Smart Decision Making for a Balanced Life today.
About Dr. Sanjay Jain:
Sanjay Jain, M.D. MBA is an accomplished medical doctor, health expert, life coach, inspirational keynote speaker, and author who has dedicated his life to helping people find their purpose by achieving a meaningful life that they deeply cherish.
Sanjay Jain is a US trained, board certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience. He holds certifications in Diagnostic Radiology, Integrative Medicine, and Healthcare Quality and Management. He is a graduate from the accelerated BS/MD program at The Northeast Ohio Medical University. He has diversified experience in the private practice, academic, and integrated multispecialty settings.
He was a former assistant professor at The Ohio State University where he also obtained his MBA at the Fisher School of Business. The combination of which has given him a unique voice and understanding of the many issues we face today in a real and practical sense.
Follow Sanjay on Twitter at @sanjayjainmd. His new book, Optimal Living 360: Smart Decision Making for a Balanced Life (Greenleaf) is available in stores now!