We have been working to build both print and online momentum for this release and look forward to a successful launch of another amazing group of new writers and illustrators—this year’s winners.
Hollywood, CA (PRWEB) May 05, 2014
“This week marks our official launch in bookstores and online,” stated contest director Joni Labaqui. “We have been working to build both print and online momentum for this release and look forward to a successful launch of another amazing group of new writers and illustrators—this year’s winners.”
Fans of science fiction and fantasy can find locations, dates and times for tour events on our Writers of the Future Facebook Page. Books are also available at Walmart, amazon.com, bn.com, and wherever books are sold.
Twenty-five writers and artists, including the two grand prize winners Randy Henderson (writer) of Washington and Trevor Smith (illustrator) of Arizona, will be executing signings in bookstores and libraries across the United States.
The 12 Writer winners included:
- Megan E. O'Keefe (of California)
- Paul Eckheart (of Utah)
- Shauna O'Meara (of Australia)
- Terry Madden (of California)
- C. Stuart Hardwick (of Texas)
- Leena Likitalo (of Finland)
- Liz Colter (of Colorado)
- K.C. Norton (of Pennsylvania)
- Oleg Kazantsev (from Russia & currently from Illinois)
- Anaea Lay (of Wisconsin)
- Amanda Forrest (of Colorado)
- Randy Henderson (of Washington) and our Grand Prize winner
In addition, writer Timothy Jordan, (from England and currently of Florida) was honored as a published finalist.
The 12 Illustrator winners included:
- Sarah Webb (of Alaska)
- Michael Talbot (from Jamaica, currently of Massachusetts)
- Cassandre Bolan (of Pennsylvania)
- Adam Brewster (of Scotland)
- Seonhee Lim (from South Korea, currently of New York)
- Kristie Kim (from South Korea, currently of North Carolina)
- Andrew Sonea (of Canada)
- Trevor Smith (of Arizona) and our Grand Prize winner
- Vincent-Michael Coviello (of Massachusetts)
- Kirbi Fagan (of Michigan)
- Bernardo Mota (of Portugal)
- Vanessa Golitz (of Germany)
These twelve writer and twelve illustrator winners, and one writer finalist, made it further than some several thousand others who entered the international competition, and are now seeing their story and artwork published in the bestselling Science Fiction anthology series – L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future Volume 30.
The Writers of the Future writing contest (http://www.writersofthefuture.com) was initiated by L. Ron Hubbard in 1983 to provide a means for aspiring writers to get that much-needed break. Due to the success of the Writing Contest, the companion Illustrators of the Future Contest was created in 1988.
The intensive mentoring process has proven very successful. The 360 past winners of the Writing Contest have published 863 novels and over 4,000 short stories. They have produced 30 New York Times bestselling books and their works have sold over 53 million copies.
The 288 past winners of the Illustrating Contest have produced over 5,000 illustrations, graced 623 books and albums with their art and visually contributed to 68 TV shows and 40 major movies.
For more information on Writers and Illustrators of the Future, go to http://www.writersofthefuture.com.