Campbell, CA (PRWEB) May 07, 2014
NAKIVO Inc., the fastest-growing provider of virtualization data protection software, has announced today that it has added Microsoft Exchange objects recovery, Exchange logs truncation, and backup verification features to the Free edition of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v4.
The updated edition provides a quick and easy way to make ad-hoc backups of running VMs for operational, archival, and portability purposes. VMs can be backed up locally, remotely over WAN, or to a cloud. This enables businesses to save VMs for long term storage due to legal or regulatory requirements or in order to prevent unintentional data loss before VM decommissioning.
The new features provide the ability to:
- Browse, search, and recover MS Exchange objects – such as emails – directly from compressed and deduplicated VMware VM backups, without the need to restore the entire VM first. This feature is purely agentless, works right out of the box, and does not require creating a special lab or run a special backup type (Exchange objects can be recovered even from existing NAKIVO backups created by previous versions of the product).
- Truncate Exchange Server logs (which otherwise accumulate and can consume all of the available disk space) after a successful backup. This feature is also purely agentless and works right out of the box.
- Verify VM backups in a backup repository at the block level, which ensures that the data written to the backup repository is identical to the data that was read from the source VM, thus verifying that application objects, files, and the entire VM can be recovered.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v4 Free edition is available now at no cost and with no limitations on the number of hosts and VMs.
- Overview: http://www.nakivo.com/VMware-VM-backup-replication-recovery-software.htm
- Datasheet: http://www.nakivo.com/Resources/NBR-DS.pdf
- Success Stories: http://www.nakivo.com/success-stories.htm
- Trial Download: http://www.nakivo.com/en/VMware-Backup-Free-Trial.htm
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, NAKIVO is a privately-held software company that has been profitable since founding in 2012. With more than 2,400 customers and over 450 channel partners worldwide, NAKIVO develops and markets a line of next generation data protection products for VMware virtualized environments. NAKIVO provides a fast, reliable, and affordable VM backup and replication solution for enabling SMBs and enterprises to protect and recover VM data onsite, offsite, and in the cloud. NAKIVO has also enabled over 50 hosting, managed, and cloud services providers to create and offer VM Backup-as-a-Service, Replication-as-a-Service, and DR-as-a-Service to their customers. NAKIVO was the first virtualization backup specialist to offer VM backup to public clouds such as Amazon to SMB customers and multi-tenancy to service providers and enterprise customers. For more information, please visit http://www.nakivo.com.
MarCom Manager, NAKIVO
+1 408 916 5955
Tags: VM Backup | Business Continuity | Cloud Backup | Data Protection | Disaster Recovery | Deduplication | NAKIVO | VM Replication | Recovery
NAKIVO and NAKIVO Transporter are trademarks or registered trademarks of NAKIVO, Inc. VMware, VMware vSphere and VMware Ready are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. Other trade names or words used in this document are the properties of their respective owners.