Boulder, CO (PRWEB) May 08, 2014
For busy parents, by the time dinner rolls around it can quickly become rushed and stressful, ending in fast food or other poor meal choices. Perfect Pea aims to bring healthy family dinners back home in a way that makes dinnertime easier, and more fun for today’s busy families.
With an increase in the number of two income households, longer workdays, and more after school activities, it’s no surprise that today’s families are busy and have little time to focus on healthy meals. Meanwhile, obesity rates in children having doubled in recent years, while rates in adolescents have tripled. And with kids spending less time in the kitchen, not only are they experiencing health consequences, kids are missing out on valuable bonding and learning opportunities.
Today more than ever, it’s important that children are involved in the meal preparation process. Not only does letting kids help in the kitchen instill in them an appreciation for healthy food, it can also help with other skills such as reading (by helping with ingredients and menus), math (through measuring) and teamwork just to name a few. Perfect Pea also incorporates ways to involve kids with each weekly meal so that mealtime can be both fun, and an opportunity for important family bonding.
Perfect Pea customers enjoy a wide variety of benefits:
- Save money on grocery bills by buying only the ingredients you need and by avoiding eating out.
- Reduce waste with recipes designed to use up what you buy.
- Eat healthier by avoiding the rush and poor planning that leads to bad food or fast food decisions.
- Make dinner fun with activities for kids and ways for them to get involved.
- Control your portions and feel better enjoying plant-based, vegetarian recipes that make it easy for you to eat healthy.
- Look forward to dinner again with printable weekly menus to display in your kitchen.
- Spend quality time with family, and less time scrambling and stressing.
Perfect Pea offers two subscriptions options – a monthly subscription for $7 per month, and an annual subscription for $54 per year. Subscribers receive weekly emails each Friday containing the 5 weekly plant-based recipes designed to be prepared in 30 minutes or less, a printable menu so you can look forward to your next meal, a carefully planned shopping list to get you in and out of the grocery store fast and within budget, and child-focused dinnertime activities.
Additionally, Perfect Pea is committed to giving back to the community through their Pea(ce) Project, and donates a portion of every sale to organizations that provide healthy meals to hungry families, work to fight childhood obesity, and support farmers committed to organic farming and sustainable practices.
For more information about Perfect Pea or to subscribe, visit http://www.perfectpea.com.