Metaswitch Forum 2014: The New Global Network
Metaswitch’s 10th customer forum is underway and the brains of the network are on the move.
New Orleans, Louisiana (PRWEB) May 14, 2014
Metaswitch Networks begins another day at Metaswitch Forum 2014. It’s going to be an absolute thriller.
Themed “The Brains of the New Global Network,” Metaswitch Forum continues through May 15 here at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. Metaswitch Forum brings together communication service providers, technology vendors and expert speakers from around the world for three days of discussions on innovative products, industry trends and best practices on network transformation, cloud computing and the rise of software telcos.
Here’s what attendees need to know today:
Breakfast begins at 7:00 a.m. CDT Wednesday morning in Elite Hall A.
- Still recovering from Quiz Night? The gift shop at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans is open 24 hours a day and sells Tylenol, Gatorade and other life-sustaining elixirs. It is located on the second floor, behind Starbucks.
- The morning session kicks off at 8:30 a.m. with opening remarks by Metaswitch SVP of Marketing Steve Gleave.
- At 8:45 a.m., the first keynote will be delivered by Rob High, an IBM Fellow and vice president and chief technology officer, Watson Solutions, IBM Software Group. High will offer a glimpse of how a cognitive computing system will impact society. Next, NTCA CEO Shirley Bloomfield will present “Smart Technologies for Smart Rural Communities.”
- The breakout sessions begin at 10:15 a.m. and will cover service providers can grow revenue, the popularity of hosted business services, the mystery of NFV, as well as sessions dedicated to interconnect, VoLTE and WebRTC, among other topics. Check out the online show schedule for all the details and presentation locations.
- Lunch begins at noon, and our partner presentations will start at 1:00 p.m.
- At 4:00 p.m., Metaswitch SVP of Support Stuart Warwick will outline how Metaswitch support is evolving to more fully meet the needs of customers and to tackle the challenges of an expanding product range and a changing customer demographic. TEC’s John Cole, chair of the Metaswitch User Group Board, will talk about the board’s activities and then join Warwick for a Q&A session on key topics raised by customers.
- Metaswitch’s Phil Harvey will moderate a question-and-answer session with Metaswitch CEO John Lazar, EarthLink’s Chief Revenue Officer Mike Toplisek, Polycom Global VP Gary Testa and Adtran's Chris Thompson. The session begins in the Empire Ballroom at 4:45 p.m.
- Steve Gleave’s closing remarks begin at 5:15 p.m. and the show finale should not be missed.
- At 7:00 p.m., join Metaswitch Forum attendees in the new winner’s circle, just outside the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, for a big party that will feature live music, a buffet dinner and plenty of drinks, dancing and surprises!
- Breakfast begins at 8:00 a.m. CDT, an hour later than usual, on Thursday morning in Elite Hall A. You’re welcome.
For more information about our speakers, sessions, sponsors and planned activities, visit http://www.metaswitchforum.com.