Santa Rosa, CA (PRWEB) May 12, 2014
ATIV Software’s Silke Fleischer was named winner of the MPI Recognizing Industry Success and Excellence (RISE) Awards for Meeting Industry Leadership. Her company’s conference app EventPilot directly helps associations reduce paper waste and printing cost. The award winning event app is specifically designed for large medical and scientific meetings, so that attendees can easily access thousands of sessions, research abstracts, papers, and presentation slides conveniently offline on their mobile devices.
The Recognizing Industry Success and Excellence (RISE) Awards recipients are selected for exceptional achievements in leadership, community and organizational initiatives, and will be honored at the annual RISE Awards presentation and luncheon on August 3, 2014, during MPI’s World Education Congress (WEC) in Minneapolis.
“Mobile is having a positive impact in our industry and this award recognizes our efforts to fundamentally change the way attendees interact with conference programs and proceedings so that paper is not even necessary or desired,” said Silke Fleischer, CEO and Co-Founder of ATIV Software. “The resulting environmental and cost savings are impressive, and the user comments are very rewarding, when they say that EventPilot is the best conference app they have ever used. We are looking forward to helping even more meeting planners take their first steps toward a paperless event.”
Silke’s vision of reducing paper waste combined with a decade of working in the eLearning industry make EventPilot a convenient performance support system that provides just the right information at the right time. The EventPilot meeting app has crossed the final frontier to enable paperless events with features such as:
- Wi-Fi independent personal schedule builder, advanced search, bookmarking, note taking and reminders - offline access is still critical since meeting venue Wi-Fi can be quickly overloaded or too slow for web-based applications
- high speed performance with instant access to thousands of sessions, speakers, posters, etc. to create the best user experience
- automatic exporting of notes and bookmarks into a structured email report
- digital business cards that use a built-in QR code generator and reader
- offline note taking on individual PowerPoint slides so attendees can focus on their presenter
- an online planner that syncs with the app and can be integrated into the organizer’s website
- animated maps that don’t require internet connection or GPS
- the ability to export a user’s schedule to calendar programs such as Microsoft Outlook.
Silke also developed a special footprint calculator for meeting planners to estimate the cost and environmental savings by going paperless. The free calculator provides statistics that help event organizers communicate the environmental impact of going paperless to their attendees. http://ativ.me/gr
“The 2014 RISE Awards recipients all demonstrate how one can create life changing results for individuals and businesses by simply identifying a need and focusing their efforts. By being strategic in our actions like these exemplary leaders, we can all influence and make an impact within our industry,” said John Ehlenfeldt, CMP, chair of the RISE Awards Judging Panel.
About ATIV Software
ATIV Software publishes the advanced mobile conference app and online planner EventPilot for large meetings as well as the EventPilot Journal app for custom medical and scientific peer reviewed publications. EventPilot is available as a customized native app for iOS and Android. Web-app included for other devices. http://www.ativsoftware.com.