Peachtree Corners, GA (PRWEB) May 14, 2014
Shaolin Institute holds its annual summer camp for children from ages 6 years old and up. This camp is designed in world famed Shaolin discipline and oriental culture will be a 6-week long program, held from June 2nd through July 19th at 4350 Peachtree Industrial BLVD, at the cross point of Norcross, Duluth and Peachtree Corners, GA.
The camp programs offer families fun and unique experiences with an opportunity to learn Kung Fu Martial Arts, Karate, swimming, enjoy arts & crafts, Chinese language and develop music appreciation...
Each camper has a great opportunity to meet new friends, learn oriental culture and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Each week instructors focus on different Kung Fu and oriental culture themes: such as Kung Fu Panda, Chinese Ancient General Guan, Kung Fu Monkey, Chinese Artist Xu, Tiger and Little Dragon. Camp students will be divided into three age groups: Group I: 6-8; Group II: 9-11, and Group III: 12 and up.
The Shaolin “way of life” is built upon important core values like: Honor, Integrity, Respect, Strength of Character, Discipline, and Perseverance. At Shaolin Institute's summer camp, Zen naturalistic & creative philosophy, martial arts and Chinese language as well as music are utilized to stimulate the child’s natural enthusiasm, creativity, and energy, while teaching them to direct those skills towards positive goals.
Children who participate in Shaolin Institute's summer camp will experience the following:
1. LEARN KUNG FU: Shaolin Institute is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new
experiences, especially teaching the great arts of Kung Fu Self-Discipline & Self-Protection and Self-Expression of Creativity. Here students learn Traditional Shaolin forms, personal safety consciousness. self-defense maneuvers, acrobatic & gymnastic skills as well as creative Kung Fu. (FMI: http://www.shaolin-world.net).
2. PERSONAL GROWTH: While being away from the routine back home, youth & teens have a chance to learn personal safety, oriental culture, develop their character, and learn leadership skills developing independence & interdependence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges..
3. CHINESE LANGUAGE & CULTURE: Chinese artistic image language instigates the western children's minds in imagination and creativity in oriental plains, improving memories and intelligence at the sametime. Each student will have the chance to learn Chinese (Mandarin) Language Skills: Basic phonetics (Ping Yin), basic conversation, and writing important Chinese characters.
Campers will also experience traditional Ancient Wisdom and Secrets of the Warriors Story Telling: 孔子 Kong Zi Confucius, 老子 Lao Zi， 孙子 Sun Zi, and three kingdoms warriors.
4. ARTS & CRAFTS: Creative arts and crafts have always been proved to be one of the most effective way to help children with greater creativity and mind openness.
5. MUSIC APPRECIATION: Western and Oriental music will definitely help childreN learn how to enjoy not only the sound of beauty of music but instigate their minds with more musical and harmonious consciousness. Campers will engage in sounds of oriental music.
6. HEALTHY FUN: Shaolin Institute offers, stimulating training that engages
the body and mind, also teaching campers about oriental cuisine, and traditional Chan nutrition.
7. NEW FRIENDSHIPS & MEMORIES: Amidst the fun students will have while learning Kung Fu, they will also have the opportunity to meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. Summer camp is an unforgettable experience with memories that will last a lifetime.
Shaolin Institute's summer camp provides students with fundamental body-mind training in discipline, self-control, and self empowerment to prepare committed Kung Fu students for future success in life.
This camp is a wonderful opportunity for parents who wish to help their children learn personal safety, oriental culture, develop their character, and leadership skills. At the end of training, each student will be awarded with a certificate of completion of the world famed authentic Shaolin Kung Fu Discipline.
About the Shaolin Institute & The Master
More than 20 years ago, founder and headmaster of Shaolin Institute, Grandmaster Shi DeRu also known as Shawn X. Liu, brought Tai Gong, Shaolin Ultimate Sanda and traditional Shaolin-Tai Chi to the U.S., opening schools and training students throughout the country. He has devoted his life to helping people and is doing so through generous community outreach, such as World Tai Chi Day, Asian cultural celebrations, and brilliant martial arts performances by his highly acclaimed Shaolin Institute Performance Team as well as US Open International Kung Fu Martial Arts Championships.
Over the years, DeRu has developed Tai Gong, his amalgamation of Shaolin Tai Chi and Qi Gong, designed to redirect the body’s natural positive healing energy,or “qi,” to transform the body’s high conscious realization of health and well-being.
This dynamic positive energy penetrates and permeates through the body broadcasting natural healing qi conscious waves to the world to help millions of others in a positive and healing way, thus producing an environment of health, peace, and compassion around the world. http://www.shaolin-world.net