My Tech Gurus Offers Tips to Navigate and Troubleshoot Windows 8.1
As Microsoft recently released its newest platform, Windows 8.1, My Tech Gurus is releasing tips on how to navigate and troubleshoot the new operating system. My Tech Gurus is an independent provider of technical support for computer software, hardware and peripherals.
Greenwich CT (PRWEB) May 20, 2014
When Windows 8.1 reached general availability in late 2014, many Windows users jumped to upgrade their operating systems. But users have experienced several questions as the new operating system comes with many changes that can be difficult to navigate at first. In light of these developments, My Tech Gurus is releasing tips to help users navigate and troubleshoot Windows 8.1.
Windows 8.1 New Features and Tips:
- Maintenance is automated: The maintenance of Windows 8.1 is automated by default at 3 a.m. This time can be changed in the Action Center.
- Search bar can be customized: To edit the list of apps in the search bar, press “Win” key+C and choose “settings.” Navigate to the option of “Change PC Settings” and select “Search” on the left side bar.
- Library icons can be customized: Windows 8 makes it easier to customize the icons in the library. To do this, right click on the library and select “Properties” from the menu.
- Faster screenshots: With Windows 8, taking screenshots has been made extremely easy. To take a screenshot, press “Win+Print Screen” and the screenshot will be taken and saved into the “pictures” file as a PNG file.
- Number of rows can be changed: The number of rows can be reduced or changed to display a less cluttered look if desired. This change can be made in the Registry.
Windows 8.1 Troubleshooting Tips:
- Open up from the lock screen: To open from the lock screen, simply tap the space bar, turn the wheel of the mouse, or swipe in the upper direction on the touch screen to get to a regular login screen.
- Use the quick access menu: Right click on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen for a text-based menu that provides access to many features, including the control panel, device manager, search dialog, Explorer, and more.
- Locate applications: While the Win+X menu is useful, it is not a replacement for the old Start menu, as it does not provide access to applications. To find applications, hold back the Windows key and hit Q, or right-click on the Start screen.
- Shut down: Move the cursor of the mouse to the bottom right corner of the screen and hit the start button, which should display a pop-up menu. Choose “sign out,” “sleep” “shut down,” or “restart” based on your needs.
About My Tech Gurus:
My Tech Gurus are Independent Remote Technical Support company specializing in Technical Support, Customer Support, IT Infrastructure Management, Remote IT Services, Data Backup & Retrieval. My Tech Gurus has more than 500,000 customers with customer bases in the USA, Canada, the UK and Australia. My Tech Gurus' delivery model is based on the principal of taking work to the location where the best talent is available, where it makes the best economic sense, with the best possible service. The management team is comprises of investment banking executives, former CIOs of Fortune 500 companies and IT professionals. For more information, visit http://www.mytechgurus.com.