"Localist is a one-stop-shop for our educational programming, promoting all of our events and also providing registration opportunities," Brittany Peterson-Hickman, assistant vice president of national shows and programs for SalonCentric.
Largo, FL & Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) May 13, 2014
SalonCentric, the premier distributor of salon professional products, today unveiled its new interactive event calendar at education.saloncentric.com. The new calendar is powered by Localist and custom designed to serve beauty salons and salon professionals across the country in their training and education needs. SalonCentric’s online calendar features industry showcases, classes and educational events.
“At SalonCentric, it’s critical that we provide beauty professionals and salon owners with the latest products, techniques and technologies that help grow their business,” said Brittany Peterson-Hickman, assistant vice president of national shows and programs for SalonCentric. “Localist helps us better publish and manage our education events so that beauty professionals can participate in local demonstrations, hands-on classes and regional programs. Localist is a one-stop-shop for our educational programming, promoting all of our events and also providing registration opportunities.”
Localist’s intuitive, cloud-based calendar takes the confusion out of managing events, turning event content into a powerful marketing driver that saves time, boosts attendance and increases overall brand awareness.
The SalonCentric calendar now includes the following features:
- Smart venue matching – with a high volume of events happening across the country in more than 250 places, Localist’s automatic venue matching option enables calendar administrators to easily select a venue without having to reenter all the information.
- Brands – by tailoring Localist’s “Groups” feature, the calendar enables users to follow those brands most important to them.
- Custom fields – through custom fields specific to beauty industry stakeholders, such as salon product item numbers and featured artists, users can quickly search and filter events to match their interests.
- Intuitive administrator interface – time saving administrator interface for efficient event planning and promotion make it easy for SalonCentric to manage its more than 800 events.
- Social integration – with social media tools integrated in the calendar, event attendees can spread the word about upcoming events on their own social channels, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Analytics – calendar administrators can view reports on attendance and insightful event performance data.
“Our platform is designed to support the wide range of educational and training opportunities hosted by SalonCentric and we are excited to help roll out this new calendar,” said Localist CEO Mykel Nahorniak.
The Localist platform has shown to raise awareness and increase event attendance by up to 70 percent and web traffic more than 3,000 percent. In addition, event calendars powered by Localist are up to eight times more effective than email marketing campaigns.
SalonCentric, headquartered in Largo, Florida, and operating in 48 states, is the premier distributor of salon professional products. SalonCentric’s vision is to be the beauty professional’s partner of choice by providing the best brands, the best education and the best business-building support, transforming every salon into a destination of choice. Our commitment to the industry also extends to proactively fighting diversion, and protecting authorized channels of distribution. Brands distributed by SalonCentric include: BioIonic, CND, Essie, Farouk, Framesi, Kaemark, Kenra, L’Oréal Professionnel, Matrix, Mizani, OPI, Pravana, Pureology, Redken 5th Avenue NYC, Sam Villa, Sexy Hair and TIGI. For more information, visit http://www.saloncentric.com.
Localist is the industry’s only provider of an interactive online calendaring platform that optimizes event content for enterprise marketing goals. The Localist platform helps marketing professionals take full advantage of their event content while delivering a unique and engaging experience for their audiences. Localist’s intuitive, cloud-based calendar takes the confusion out of managing events, turning event content into a powerful marketing driver that saves time, boosts attendance, and increases overall brand awareness. Localist serves hundreds of enterprise customers in various industries, including higher education, healthcare, media, cosmetics, sports, and government. In the past five years, Localist has powered more than 1 million events across the globe. For more information, visit localist.com or follow on Twitter @localist.