Seattle, Washington (PRWEB) May 13, 2014
Socrata (http://www.socrata.com), a Seattle-based cloud software company focused exclusively on democratizing access to government data, today announced the release of a third edition of its print and digital magazine, Open Innovation. Focused on trends in the global open data and open performance movements, this Spring 2014 issue features mature open data programs in the US, such as in Chicago and New York, as well as an in-person interview with one of the leading global figures in open data, Gavin Starks of the UK’s Open Data Institute (ODI).
“Every day I see a great new product, partnership, program, event, or idea emerge from the open data movement. It is dynamic and led by enthusiastic, smart people who want to make a difference. With Open Innovation, we try to capture people’s stories, as well as any best practices we see taking shape,” says Socrata CEO and Founder Kevin Merritt.
Past issues have featured leaders like non-profit Code for America and open data advocate David Eaves, as well as tips for building an open data team and discussions on open data standards.
The Spring 2014 edition of Open Innovation includes contributions from thought leaders both inside and outside Socrata, such as:
- “5 Questions to Ask When Creating Your Open Data Policy” by White House Innovation Fellow and Socrata Director of Open Data Ian Kalin
- “How International Organizations Use Data-as-a-Service to Inspire Journalists” by UNDP Online Communications Manager for the Human Development Report Office Eleonore Fournier-Tombs
- “Knowledge for Everyone: The Open Data Institute” - a discussion with Open Data Institute (ODI) co-founder Gavin Starks
- “How Open Data Is Revolutionizing Health Care” by Socrata Director of Health Joe Pringle
Other topics include:
- “Why Governments Must Embrace the Strategic Value of Open Data”
- “6 Processes Replaced by Open Data”
- “Growing Chicago’s Open Data Economy”
To view the Spring 2014 edition of Socrata’s Open Innovation magazine, please visit http://www.socrata.com/magazine.
Socrata is the cloud software company focused exclusively on democratizing access to government data. It helps government leaders improve transparency, modernize citizen access to information, and bring facts into every decision, with unprecedented speed and cost savings.
Delivered as turnkey cloud services, Socrata’s data consumerization products unlock data in enterprise silos and transform it into useful information that everyone can easily access, visualize, share and reuse. Innovators like the World Bank, Medicare, Data.gov, EnergyStar, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Kenya, Lombardia, and Maryland, have all chosen Socrata as the data-sharing platform for their open data and open performance initiatives.
To learn more about Socrata, visit http://www.socrata.com or follow us on Twitter @socrata