Haddonfield, NJ (PRWEB) May 14, 2014
Continuing Legal Education provider HarrisMartin Publishing will host a one-day national conference later this month focusing on litigation in the wake of the General Motors ignition switch recall.
The conference, which takes place May 28 at Chicago’s Intercontinental Hotel Magnificent Mile, features a faculty of the nation’s top lawyers who are representing thousands of individuals seeking damages from GM for personal injury or economic losses caused by the ignition switch defect.
HarrisMartin’s GM Ignition Switch Recall Litigation Conference is the latest from the company’s Multidistrict Litigation (MDL) Conference Series, which for the past five years has provided networking and continuing education opportunities for more than 3,000 attorneys and legal service providers.
The May 28 event will feature a full day of in-depth instruction focused exclusively on issues facing counsel who are handling claims related to the GM ignition switch recall.
Co-chairing the program are Steve W. Berman of Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP and Mark P. Robinson Jr. of Robinson Calcagnie Robinson Shapiro Davis Inc. In March, Berman and Robinson initiated the request to consolidate and transfer more than 60 federal lawsuits that have been filed so far as a result of the GM ignition switch recall.
Additional Speakers Include:
- Elizabeth J. Cabraser, Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP
- Jayne Conroy, Hanly Conroy Bierstein Sheridan Fisher & Hayes LLP
- Lance Cooper, The Cooper Firm
- Lewis S. “Mike” Eidson, Colson Hicks Eidson
- Eric H. Gibbs, Girard Gibbs LLP
- Clarence Ditlow, Center for Auto Safety
- Robin L. Greenwald, Weitz & Luxenberg P.C.
- Adam J. Levitt, Grant & Eisenhofer P.A.
- Brian Panish, Panish Shea & Boyle
- Mike Papantonio, Levin, Papantonio, Thomas, Mitchell, Rafferty & Proctor, P.A.
- Frank M. Pitre, Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP
- Christopher A. Seeger, Seeger Weiss LLP
- Kenneth M. Seeger, Seeger • Salvas LLP
- Steven J. Skikos, Skikos Crawford Skikos & Joseph
- Donald H. Slavik, Robinson Calcagnie Robinson Shapiro Davis, Inc.
- S. Scott West, The West Law Firm
- George Zelcs, Korein Tillery LLC
HarrisMartin’s MDL Series events are held approximately four times a year and take place one day prior to the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation’s regularly scheduled hearings, where the panel of federal judges considers various requests to group similar lawsuits for transfer to a single federal court. The MDL-focused events are among the nearly two-dozen CLE conferences hosted by HarrisMartin each year. The request to transfer and coordinate the GM Ignition Switch Litigation is scheduled to be heard the day after the HarrisMartin Conference in a nearby Chicago federal courtroom. The case is In Re: General Motors LLC Ignition Switch Litigation, MDL No. 2543 (JPML).
To view the full agenda and register for HarrisMartin’s GM Ignition Switch Recall Litigation Conference, please visit http://www.harrismartin.com. Questions and Press Inquiries may be forwarded to Jeff Andrus, jandrus(at)harrismartin(dot)com.
Sponsorship and Exhibiting opportunities are also available by calling Vicki Gilbreath at 610-647-5500 or 800-496-4319.