We are honored to be associated with the Environmental Management Association.
Detroit, MI (PRWEB) May 15, 2014
For its dedication to the environment and technical innovation, Great Lakes Filters, a division of The Acme Group of companies, was honored by the Environmental Management Association.
“We are honored to be associated with the Environmental Management Association and being recognized for our hard work is nice,” stated Matt Utley, Chief Revenue Officer of The Acme Group.
The criteria for the award include:
- Commitment to the environment, resulting improved quality of life in the Great Lakes Region;
- Use of resources from the environmental industry to provide innovative solutions to potential environmental challenges;
- Leadership with environmental issues affecting the nominee’s situation;
- Sustained involvement in public policy issues that affect future quality of life, including social, economic and environmental factors;
- Use of nominee’s position, business, resources and personal leadership to contribute to the community in which they are located (i.e. increased environmental awareness, community improvements, recycling efforts, jobs and opportunities that improve environmental management);
The award stemmed from Acme’s NeuBond recyclable filtration and absorbents products that address expensive waste stream produced by manufacturers. Great Lakes Filters and their exclusive recycling partner Preferred Filter Recycling have created a program that recycles all the contaminates associated with filters and absorbents. The waste streams are recycled or repurposed into valuable plastic regrind that can be utilized by the waste generator.
Utley added, “It is great to be honored for our hard work and dedication. We want to thank the Environmental Management Association and the other award winners, Kevin O'Mara, Katharina Grenn, Carolyn Racklyeft of World Medical Relief, and John O'Brien-Advanced Surface Technologies. It’s great to be kept in such great company.”