Chapel Hill, N.C. (PRWEB) May 20, 2014
OneMBA®, the global executive MBA program offered in partnership by business schools around the world, has announced that the School of Management at Xiamen University will join its consortium.
It joins the founding partner schools:
- EGADE Business School Tecnológico de Monterrey (EGADE Business School) in Mexico
- Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo da Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV-EAESP) in Brazil
- Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) in the Netherlands
- University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School (UNC Kenan-Flagler) in the United States.
“I am honored and proud for Xiamen University to partner with OneMBA, which over its 12 years has won a reputation as one of the world's most unique and diverse international MBA programs,” said Yifeng Shen, dean of the Xiamen University School of Management (SMXMU). “OneMBA's vision and goals reflect those of Tan Kah Kee, the ‘Henry Ford of Asia,’ who founded Xiamen University and its business program in 1921 with the call to serve China while embracing world cultures.”
One of China’s oldest and most successful business schools, Xiamen’s School of Management has three MBA programs – full-time, part-time MBA and EMBA – which are all ranked in the top 10 in China. Its mission is to pioneer research, cultivate talent, develop management culture and advance social progress. The school is located in Xiamen, a coastal city in Fujian Province, a Special Economic Zone and a major international shipping center. It also is China’s primary commercial, cultural and academic link with Taiwan.
“OneMBA offers both an opportunity and a responsibility to carry our century-long vision of embracing global cultures to an entirely new level,” said Shen. “Our school is therefore honored to commit our experience, resources and vision to partnering with OneMBA, the planet's truly global executive MBA.”
With the addition of Xiamen’s School of Management, the consortium gains an important and innovative strategic partner.
“The OneMBA community welcomes the School of Management at Xiamen University,” said Jayashankar Swaminathan, OneMBA Executive Committee chairman and OneMBA associate dean at UNC Kenan-Flagler. “The school shares our values, has a long tradition of excellence and brings the expertise and perspectives of their faculty and executive MBA students from one of the most dynamic economies in the world today. We look forward to all five schools collaborating to prepare the next generation of global leaders.”
OneMBA is the only global executive MBA delivered in partnership by five premier international business schools. Professors from all schools and international practitioners provide a framework for understanding the global business environment and management challenges specific to doing business in Europe, Asia and the Americas. OneMBA participants develop the skills to lead international organizations, with an emphasis on working with multicultural teams. English is used for all courses, which include:
- Global residencies: OneMBA participants from all five schools come together for four week-long global residencies held on four continents. They take classes taught by local professors, visit regional and multinational companies, and meet local business and government leaders.
- Global courses: Between residencies, OneMBA participants attend global core courses at their local OneMBA partner schools. Each course includes a major project that requires working remotely with global team members from the other partner schools.
- Regional courses: Each partner school teaches regional courses that accelerate career success in its world region.
Designed for business professionals who live and work around the globe, OneMBA launched in 2002, and graduated its first class in 2004. Today its network of 1,000 alumni in senior leadership positions extends to over 50 countries. Learn more about OneMBA at http://onemba.org/.