Working with the Blue Zones Project helped us celebrate our ongoing efforts to maintain a safe and healthy workplace while identifying areas where we can get even better
Cedar Falls, IA (PRWEB) May 15, 2014
CBE Companies (CBE) attained designation Thursday as a Blue Zones Worksite. Completing the Blue Zones process recognizes the commitment to healthy lifestyles and a healthy workplace demonstrated by CBE and its employees.
The Blue Zones Worksite designation promotes evidence-based actions and lifestyle principles. CBE took inventory of its current array of policies and programs, then identified and established support for ongoing improvements as it completed the designation process.
Some of CBE’s wellness initiatives and opportunities include:
- An employee fitness center with cardiovascular equipment and weights.
- Wellness challenges to promote weight loss, exercise and healthy habits.
- On-site classes on nutrition, exercise and specific wellness topics.
- Support for employees to volunteer in the community.
- Resources for healthy lifestyles available through the company’s intranet.
“CBE Companies is honored to be a Blue Zones worksite,” said CBE Companies Chief Human Resources Officer Mary Phillips. “Working with the Blue Zones Project helped us celebrate our ongoing efforts to maintain a safe and healthy workplace while identifying areas where we can get even better.”
About CBE Companies
CBE Companies is a global business process outsourcing (BPO) organization and is the parent company of CBE Group, CBE Customer Solutions, and Argent Account Acquisitions. CBE Companies is supported by a leadership team of tenured industry experts. Its workforce of dedicated professionals is quickly growing. As the organization grows, new career opportunities are continually created. The mission of CBE Companies is to make its customers better through:
- Focus on the deepest understanding of its customers' business
- Innovative solutions that provide clear value in solving specific business challenges
- A unique culture and investment in employee engagement
CBE Companies currently employs over 1,200 people in five locations globally. Its corporate headquarters is located in Cedar Falls, Iowa, with additional facilities in Waterloo, Iowa; Overland Park, Kansas; Haverhill, Massachusetts and Manila, Philippines. The organization is consistently recognized as a top five Employer of Choice in the Cedar Valley. It has also been recognized by Workplace Dynamics as one of Iowa’s Top Workplaces.