Selma, TX (PRWEB) May 15, 2014
Texas Physical Therapy Specialists’ (TexPTS) physical therapists treat a variety of conditions daily that range from neck and back pain to carpal tunnel syndrome and Achilles tendinitis, but the company’s therapists are also capable of spotting a number of potentially risky symptoms simply by performing a routine consultation, including the following:
(1) Low Back Pain: A routine physical therapy exam can detect whether or not you are at risk for suffering an injury and developing low back pain.
(2) Total Joint Replacement: A routine physical therapy exam can identify the early risk factors for developing joint arthritis, the primary cause for joint replacement.
(3) Hypertension: Cardiovascular screening can detect risk factors for hypertension, which allows your therapist to prescribe a safe exercise plan to help minimize your risk.
(4) Headaches: A routine physical therapy exam can identify risk factors that can lead to debilitating headaches.
(5) Rotator Cuff Tear: A routine physical therapy exam can determine your risk for developing shoulder pain leading to a tear in the rotator cuff.
(6) Injury From A Fall: A routine physical therapy exam can detect your risk for falling, and even prevent you from suffering a life threatening injury.
(7) ACL Injury: A routine physical therapy exam can detect your risk of suffering a devastating knee injury.
(8) Peripheral Neuropathy: Physical therapists can test the sensation in your feet to determine the potential for peripheral neuropathy, which can lead to physical abnormalities like clawtoe and bunions.
“It pays to be proactive, especially where your health and livelihood are concerned,” said Dr. Jon Sams, PT - Selma Clinic Director and Board Certified Sports and Orthopedic Specialist. “At TexPTS, we pride ourselves not only on getting our patients better quickly and effectively but also on taking steps to ensure that any future injuries are avoided at all costs.”
TexPTS is home to more board certified specialists than any other practice in Texas. Those who visit TexPTS can expect to be seen by an expert therapist like Dr. Sams who will perform a complete consultation before determining a course of treatment. To find a location near you, or to book a free consultation with one of our experts in injury prevention, please visit the TexPTS website.
About Texas Physical Therapy Specialists:
Founded in 2005, Texas Physical Therapy Specialists (TexPTS) is a private physical therapy practice with locations throughout the following areas: Austin, Cibolo, Central Texas, Dallas, Georgetown, Hill County, Liberty Hill, Live Oak, Randolph Air Force Base, New Braunfels, Parmer/Pflugerville, Round Rock, San Antonio, San Marcos, Schertz, Selma, Spring Branch, and Universal City. Known for teaching and training physical therapists all over the US, TexPTS physical therapists take pride in delivering comprehensive and compassionate care to their patients with the best results. Our clinicians have a have a wide range of clinical expertise in manual physical therapy, spine care and rehabilitation, general orthopaedic conditions and retaliation, sports specific injuries, workplace injuries and much more. TexPTS was voted one of the Top 50 Places to Work in San Antonio in 2011 and 2013 by their own employees, the Best Private Physical Therapy Practice in the U.S. in 2009 by their peers in the American Physical Therapy Association and has been recognized on the Inc. 500/5000 lists for the past three years. For more information visit TexPTS.com or the TexPTS Facebook page.