Boulder, CO. (PRWEB) May 15, 2014
Enterprise Management Associates (EMA), a leading IT and data management research and consulting firm, today announced it will host a research Webinar entitled “Next-Generation Asset Management and IT Financial Analytics: Optimizing IT Value in a World of Change,” featuring EMA VP of Research, IT Megatrends, Analytics and CMDB Systems, Dennis Drogseth.
How are IT organizations making the transition from a cost-centric, back-office operation to a value-driven business partner? Recent research from EMA holds at least a few clues. During this Webinar, Drogseth will provide highlight from this new groundbreaking research into how IT organizations are seeking, and in some cases succeeding, to optimize their Opex and Capex assets based on relevance, effectiveness and value.
A few select highlights from the research includes:
- 43% of respondents believed that asset and service management were at least to some degree integrated in their present environment, and 23% had committed plans to do so in the near future.
- Spreadsheets still lead as a place for storing data: however, 62% are modeling assets with attribute linkages such as customer, owner, SLA, and business outcome, and 57% have a CMDB deployed or plan, while 51% have application discovery and dependency mapping.
- 66% view application portfolio rationalization as important, and 68% are, or will within 12 months, have portfolio rationalization integrated into their broader asset and financial optimization strategy. Of these, most will target a combination of dialog and analytics for making decisions on value and cost.
Drogseth will also cover:
- How cloud, agile, mobile, SaaS, and other trends are changing the game for IT asset management
- How IT organizations are mapping their critical assets to business services in terms of lifecycle vulnerabilities, performance and value
- What technologies are contributing most to success
- What degree are IT organizations beginning to manage enterprise, as well as IT assets
- What constitutes a winning strategy for next-generation asset management in 2014, and what are the most telling influencers surrounding “success”
The “Next-Generation Asset Management and IT Financial Analytics: Optimizing IT Value in a World of Change” - sponsored by Blazent, Flexera Software, Fruition Partners and Scalable Software – will be Thursday, May 22 at 2:00 p.m. EDT. Those who wish to attend can register at: http://research.enterprisemanagement.com/next-generation-asset-management-2014-webinar-pr.html.
About Enterprise Management Associates (EMA)
Founded in 1996, Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) is a leading industry analyst firm that specializes in providing deep insight across the full spectrum of IT and data management technologies. EMA analysts leverage a unique combination of practical experience, insight into industry best practices, and in-depth knowledge of current and planned vendor solutions to help its clients achieve their goals. Learn more about EMA research, analysis, and consulting services for enterprise line of business users, IT professionals and IT vendors at http://www.enterprisemanagement.com or blogs.enterprisemanagement.com.