(PRWEB) May 15, 2014
New enrollees in dental plans offered by Alpha Dental Programs, Inc. (Alpha Dental) and those new to dental insurance in general may have questions about whether enrollment information was received, how to pay the monthly premium or how to pay for the plan.
To save enrollees the time and trouble of navigating through the Internet or calling customer service for answers, we’ve provided the answers to the most frequently asked questions below. (Additional information may be found on our website or by contacting us online.)
What is the name of my dental program?
- If you enrolled in a plan offered by Alpha Dental, you are in the DeltaCare USA dental DHMO program. DeltaCare USA is administered for Alpha Dental by its affiliate Delta Dental Insurance Company (Delta Dental).
What is DeltaCare USA?
- DeltaCare USA is a closed network plan that features set copayments, no annual deductibles and no maximums for covered benefits. You select a primary care dentist in the DeltaCare USA network from which you receive treatment, as in a traditional dental HMO.
How can I reach customer service?
- The easiest and fastest way to get information (especially during this busy health care exchange enrollment time) is by setting up an online account on our website at deltadentalins.com. You can do so as soon as we process your enrollment — just use your Social Security Number (SSN) or exchange identification number (Exchange ID) if you have not yet received a DeltaCare USA ID number. If you cannot create an account with your SSN or Exchange ID, that means we are still processing your enrollment (which can mean we’ve not received your enrollment yet), and you should try again in a few days. You also can submit questions (even without an Online Services account) by using our DeltaCare USA online contact form so that you do not have to wait on the phone. If you do need to call us, our customer service number is 800-422-4234, and agents are available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday.
I signed up for a dental plan on the exchange, but I haven’t received anything from you. How do I know if I am enrolled?
- If you recently enrolled through healthcare.gov, allow up to 10 business days from the date you signed up for processing of your dental plan enrollment. Once we have received and loaded your information into our systems, we will send you confirmation of your enrollment via email and/or postal mail. You also can validate your enrollment by registering for your Online Services account.
I didn’t get an ID card.
- The good news is that you don’t need one! We don’t send them out as a general rule, but you may print one out from your Online Services account on our website.
I can’t create an Online Services account. Why not?
- It takes about 10 business days to process your enrollment once we receive the information from the exchange. If you are unable to create an account, you can try again in a few days, or use our DeltaCare USA contact form.
How do I pay for my dental coverage?
- If you have not yet paid for your dental coverage, you should soon receive an invoice from us by postal mail. You can pay your invoice via your Online Services account on our website, by check or by calling us at 800-422-4234. Also, you can view your invoice via your Online Services account.
Can I use my dental benefits before I pay my invoice?
- Sorry, but no — we need to have confirmation of your payment before your benefits will be in effect.
Where can I locate a network dentist?
- Visit our website, where you can search for a network provider from the menu on the right-hand side of the page. IMPORTANT: Be sure to select the DeltaCare USA network. Remember, with a DeltaCare USA plan, you must visit your assigned/selected network dentist to receive plan benefits.
Can I change network dentists?
- Yes – and it’s easy to request a change; just make the request via our online help form or by telephone. All changes must be requested by the 21st of the month in order to take effect the first of the following month.
My dentist said he/she is a Delta Dental provider, but now I am getting a bill for the full amount of services. Why?
- There are three different Delta Dental networks, so participation in one does not indicate participation in the other. Your network is the DeltaCare USA network. Again, remember that you must visit your assigned/selected network dentist to receive plan benefits.
If you have any additional questions, please use our online contact form or call us at 800-422-4234 from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday.
DeltaCare USA is underwritten in these states by these entities: AL — Alpha Dental of Alabama, Inc.; AZ — Alpha Dental of Arizona, Inc.; CA — Delta Dental of California; AR, CO, IA, ME, MI, NC, NE, NH, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, VT, WA, WI, WY — Dentegra Insurance Company; AK, CT, DE, FL, GA, KS, LA, MS, MT, TN, WV and the District of Columbia — Delta Dental Insurance Company; HI, ID, IL, IN, KY, MD, MO, NJ, OH, TX — Alpha Dental Programs, Inc.; NV — Alpha Dental of Nevada, Inc.; UT — Alpha Dental of Utah, Inc.; NM — Alpha Dental of New Mexico, Inc.; NY — Delta Dental of New York, Inc.; PA — Delta Dental of Pennsylvania; VA – Delta Dental of Virginia. Delta Dental Insurance Company acts as the DeltaCare USA administrator in all these states. These companies are financially responsible for their own products.