London, United Kingdom (PRWEB UK) 15 May 2014
SMi is launching its inaugural Social Media in the Telecoms Sector Conference, taking place in London, on the 16th and 17th of July 2014.
Telefonica, the Spanish Telco giant who recently bought television operator Canal Plus, will be speaking at this event. The conference will gather together experts from international telecom companies, mobile network operators, digital agencies and media consultants who are shaping the presence of telecom sector in the online world.
Competition between the telecoms industry’s cable and fixed line, mobile network operators and mobile virtual network operators has never been greater. While there is ever more choice on availability of devices and network band combined with tariff structures for every conceivable need, such differences between suppliers are soon dissipated. Telecoms companies are, more than ever before, in need of finding new ways of differentiating their respective offerings.
This meeting, taking place in Central London, will address how to measure the effectiveness and ROI of social media campaigns and strategy by looking at measures of customer loyalty, customer service, and improved brand perception that deliver increases on average revenue per user and customer lifetime value.
Key speakers confirmed their participation at the conference include leading experts from Telefonica, Swisscom, du, Kcom, Sure, Social Media Portal, Freshminds, Social Media in Business, Malwell Corporate Projects, The QoE, OMD International and many more.
For more information about this event, please go to http://www.smi-online.co.uk/socialmedia-telecoms3.asp.
Key business challenges addressed during the event include:
- Virality – how far and what impact is your social media strategy having?
- How can social media help telecoms companies to become ever-more customer-centric organisations?
- Opportunity response rates - how to discover and respond to opportunities in social media
- Channel reporting – determining how many visits and leads individual social media channels are generating
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends in online social behaviour and how it affects your social media approach
- How to use social media for customer acquisition
- How to achieve successful targeting and segmenting with social media
For more information about this conference, or to register, contact William Youle via wyoule(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk or call +44(0) 207 827 6064.
Conference website: http://www.smi-online.co.uk/socialmedia-telecoms3.asp