Washington, DC (PRWEB) May 20, 2014
With the vast majority of 2014 individual enrollments in the public insurance exchanges now in, there are starting to be data for assessing who signed up, what that means for the risk pool, and what the implications are for insurer and broker participation in 2015. Decisions on participation and rates for next year need to be made now, but should be based on an understanding of what is happening in 2014. The May 28 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) “Public Exchange Enrollment-Mix and Claims Results: Implications for 2014 Performance and 2015 Planning,” will analyze what the initial claims and enrollment results in the exchanges mean for performance in 2014 and strategies for 2015.
Participants will hear from two industry experts from disparate segments of the industry — David Tuomala, vice president, risk optimization and growth consulting in the OptumInsight unit of UnitedHealth Group and Janet Trautwein, CEO of the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU). In 60 minutes of presentation followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, they will provide reliable answers to questions such as:
- What is the demographic and product mix in the 2014 enrollments in the individual-market exchanges? What does this mix suggest for the likely health of the populations in relation to expectations?
- What does 2014’s lower-than-anticipated entry of previously uninsured customers into the exchanges mean for the risk characteristics of the pool? What strategies are likely in response?
- What claims data from the new public exchanges are available so far, and what do they show?
- What new trends are likely in 2015 in terms of changes in prices and products in the public exchanges?
- How effective will the “3R” risk mitigation programs be in helping 2014 financial results, and what impact are they likely to have on 2015 pricing?
- What early indicators of 2014 financial results for exchange participants are available? What do they show?
- To what degree will brokers participate in the public exchanges, including the SHOP exchanges, in the remainder of 2014 and for 2015? What are the key factors that will determine this?
- What can we expect to see in 2015 in terms of carriers dropping out of (or entering) the public exchange marketplace?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4r21_052814 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.