Charleston, S.C. (PRWEB) May 19, 2014
What better way to honor one of the most endearing and symbolic animals of America's native wildlife than joining the South Carolina Aquarium for World Turtle Celebration from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., May 24-25, 2014.
Turtle-riffic activities include:
- See many turtle species as you journey through more than 60 exhibits inside the Aquarium
- Visit fun educational stations focusing on different species of turtles
- Watch terrapins, some of our smallest turtles, paint unique works of art
- Meet the teams that protect endangered sea turtles along the South Carolina coast
- Become inspired to help protect threatened and endangered turtles
- Additional tours of the Sea Turtle Hospital will be taking place
o Four tours to choose from: 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m.
o Tickets: $10 for adults, $5 for children, all proceeds go directly to care for the patients
o To book a tour visit scaquarium.org or call (843) 577-FISH (3474)
- Enjoy sea turtle story time and a sea turtle themed craft and coloring table
World Turtle Celebration is a great opportunity to experience hands-on activities about the threats facing turtles and find out what can be done to protect them! World Turtle Celebration is included with Aquarium admission, for more information call (843) 577-FISH (3474).
For all media inquiries, please contact Kate Dittloff at (843) 579-8660 or kdittloff (at) scaquarium (dot) org.
About the South Carolina Aquarium:
The South Carolina Aquarium, Charleston’s most visited attraction, features thousands of amazing aquatic animals from river otters and sharks to loggerhead turtles in more than 60 exhibits representing the rich biodiversity of South Carolina from the mountains to the sea. Dedicated to promoting education and conservation, the Aquarium also presents fabulous views of Charleston harbor and interactive exhibits and programs for visitors of all ages.
The South Carolina Aquarium, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization and is open Daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Aquarium is closed Thanksgiving Day, half day Dec. 24 (open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.) and Dec. 25. Admission prices are: Toddler’s (3 and under) free; Youth (4-12) $14.95; Adults (13+) $24.95. The Aquarium plus the 4-D Theater experience is free for Toddler’s, $19.95 for Children, $29.95 for Adults. The 4-D Theater experience only is $6.95 for Children and adults, and free for Members. For more information call 843-720-1990 or visit scaquarium.org. Memberships are available by calling 843-577-FISH.