Rockville, MD (PRWEB) May 20, 2014
“Coffee and Ready-to-Drink Coffee in the U.S.: Retail and Foodservice, 8th Edition,” a new report from Packaged Facts, provides industry participants with valuable insight on trends shaping this highly competitive food and beverage market segment.
Sales content includes 1) a market size and forecast for coffee sales at retail and foodservice, along with retail sales analysis by coffee segment and by distribution channel; and 2) detailed company analysis of the retail coffee market, by market segment (ground/whole bean, instant, instant flavored, espresso/cappuccino, and ready-to-drink coffee) and by brand; and 3) detailed company analysis of leading foodservice participants, including Dunkin’ Donuts, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, McDonald’s, Starbucks, Caribou Coffee and Tim Hortons, with a focus on how coffee fits into each companies’ competitive and growth strategies.
The report also does the following:
Identifies key marketing opportunities for coffee, supported by consumer survey data, product examples and other metrics. In particular, the report focuses on food and beverage pairing, organic growth opportunities, growing sales of iconic retail brands, and harnessing loyalty programs.
- Using proprietary survey results, assesses the degree which consumers get different coffee types for home use from different retail distribution channels. Similarly, the report assesses the degree consumers get coffee for “immediate consumption” from a variety of foodservice channels. Comparative analysis is included.
- Explores coffee retail product trends centered on bringing the coffee shop experience into the consumers’ home (with an emphasis on co-branding); sourcing; convenience; and instant coffee, liquid concentrate and single-serve pod innovation.
- Assesses coffee menu trends, focusing on menu item penetration by restaurant segment, including beverage varieties, coffee flavors/types and coffee brands.
- Assesses household and personal coffee usage and usage frequency trends, including ground, whole bean, single-serve/pod, instant and RTD coffee; and household and personal coffee brand usage and trends, ground, whole bean, single-serve/pod, instant and RTD coffee. To help gauge brand loyalty, the report also trends brands’ “usage preference ratios,” the ratio that consumers drink that brand “most” over drinking that brand “also.”
- Using proprietary survey results, provides comparative analysis on the degree to which consumers drink different flavors and types of coffee at home and at restaurants, as well as identifying which coffee types/flavors consumers drink most often.
- Drawing from consumer survey “ranking” responses, identifies the relative importance consumers place on factors such as taste, getting a specific brand, low price, and time of day when deciding to order coffee at a restaurant.
For more information on “Coffee and Ready-to-Drink Coffee in the U.S.: Retail and Foodservice, 8th Edition,” please visit: http://www.packagedfacts.com/redirect.asp?progid=86282&productid=8133971.
About Packaged Facts – Packaged Facts, a division of MarketResearch.com, publishes market intelligence on a wide range of consumer market topics, including consumer demographics and shopper insights, consumer financial products and services, consumer goods and retailing, consumer packaged goods, and pet products and services. Packaged Facts also offers a full range of custom research services.
Please visit Packaged Facts on LinkedIn for more insights. Follow us also on Twitter, and Google+.