Folks from all over really look forward to the lively mix of events and performers, music, food, animals and more. There’s truly something for everyone.
Freeport, Maine (PRWEB) May 27, 2014
Internationally known outdoor retailer L.L.Bean, best known for its Bean Boot and 100% satisfaction guarantee is pleased to announce its 2014 Summer in the Park schedule. This year’s lineup includes well-known bands like Toad the Wet Sprocket and The Mowgli’s, as well as a circus company, an event just for dogs and their owners and a farmer’s market every Friday afternoon from mid-June through September. L.L.Bean’s 4th of July Celebration begins on Friday with a 10K road race and fun run, followed by a 4th of July parade. Later that evening beginning at 7:30 p.m., there will be a concert with Toad the Wet Sprocket, followed by the Town of Freeport’s remarkable fireworks display. On Saturday, July 5th, the festivities continue with a performance later that evening at 7:30 p.m. with FAQ Circus, a unique, interesting new circus troupe.
All events are free and open to the public. The full Summer in the Park schedule is as follows.
- July 4, 7:30 p.m., Toad the Wet Sprocket—popular alternative rock band from California and a spectacular fireworks display after the concert
- July 5, 7:30 p.m., FAQ Circus—this contemporary circus company, featuring graduates from the prestigious National Circus School of Montreal, specializes in creative improvisation and a dazzling combination of trapeze, acrobatics, juggling, contortion, wire walking, clowning, dance and theater
- July 12, 7:30 p.m., Josh Ritter and the Royal City Band—talented singer and songwriter known for his folk-inspired tunes and narrative lyrics
- July 26, 7:30 p.m., Jeff Tweedy—Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter and guitarist Jeff Tweedy, called “one of the most daring songwriters of his generation” by Salon and best known as the leader of the Chicago band Wilco, is backed this summer by a newly formed band performing songs from Tweedy’s soon-to-be-released solo album and Tweedy will also perform solo acoustic
- August 2, 7:30 p.m., The Mowgli’s with special guest, North of Nashville—spend an evening with this popular American, alternative rock band from southern California and Maine’s very own North of Nashville as the opening act
- August 9, KidsFest: Kids of all ages will enjoy this family day full of games, hands-on activities, musical entertainment and much more
- August 16, 7:30 p.m., Jason Isbell—an eclectic mix of southern rock and classic country music
- August 23, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Dog Days of August--bring your best friend to this late-summer celebration featuring activities, canine contests and more
- August 30, 7:30 p.m., Brett Dennen—popular singer and songwriter known for a thoughtful, elegant and funky musical style
- June 13-September 12, 1-5:00 p.m., Freeport Farmer’s Market--our community market every Friday afternoon with a great mix of local fruits and vegetables, delicious baked goods, handmade items and much more
“We’re really happy with how popular our Summer in the Park event has become, year after year. Folks from all over really look forward to the lively mix of events and performers, music, food, animals and more. There’s truly something for everyone,” said Suzanne Deschenes, retail marketing manager for L.L.Bean. “It’s a fun, festive way to spend an evening with family and friends, enjoying exceptional talent outdoors in our park and best of all, it’s free.”
For more information, visit http://www.llbean.com/summer.
About L.L.Bean, Inc.
L.L.Bean, Inc. is a leading multichannel merchant of quality outdoor gear and apparel. Founded in 1912 by Leon Leonwood Bean, the company began as a one-room operation selling a single product, the Maine Hunting Shoe. Still family owned, Shawn Gorman, great grandson of Leon Leonwood Bean, was named Chairman of the Board of Directors in 2013. While its business has grown over the years, L.L.Bean continues to uphold the values of its founder, including his dedication to quality, customer service and a love of the outdoors. L.L.Bean products are rigorously tested, guaranteed to last and always shipped free. In the past five years, L.L.Bean has donated over $6 million toward conservation and land stewardship. The 220,000 sq. ft. L.L.Bean retail store campus in Freeport, ME, is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and welcomes more than 3 million visitors every year. L.L.Bean can be found worldwide at http://www.llbean.com, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram.
# # #