SAN JOSE, Calif., (PRWEB) May 22, 2014
- James R. Moran Middle School of Wallingford, CT is the winner of the Acer Extreme Classroom Technology Makeover.
- Program offered schools in the U.S. the chance to transform their classrooms with immersive tablet technology.
- The contest winner, selected by public voting, is receiving a classroom set of 30 Acer Iconia W Series tablets with a retail value of $15,000.
Acer America today announced James R. Moran Middle School in Wallingford, CT as the winner of its Acer Extreme Classroom Technology Makeover. As the winner, they will receive a classroom set of 30 Acer Iconia W Series tablets with an approximate retail value of $15,000.
This program provided K-12 schools in the U.S. the opportunity to transform a classroom with immersive tablet technology. Tablets enhance the learning experience by making it more hands-on, interactive and engaging as well as encouraging collaboration and to explore more.
“We’re delighted to award James R. Moran Middle School with a classroom set of tablets,” said Rich Black, Acer America senior director of marketing. “Their video submission showcased the deep passion these students and teachers have for technology and learning. We’re certain the Iconia W tablets will further increase student engagement by making lesson plans more interesting, and providing them relevant experience using the same tools that are used in the marketplace today.”
James R. Moran Middle School received the most votes from the public who chose one school as the winner from among 10 finalists, which also included:
- A.B. Davis Middle School, Mt. Vernon, NY
- Altruria Elementary, Bartlett, TN
- Barton Elementary School, Patchogue, NY
- James R. Watson Elementary, Auburn, IN
- Leicester Memorial School, Leicester, MA
- Lincoln Park Middle School, Lincoln Park, NJ
- Lytle High School, Lytle, Texas
- MacMillan International Academy for Humanities and Technology, Montgomery, AL
- Wyland Elementary School, St. Louis, MO
To view the winner’s video entry, click on the following link.
The contest was open to educators for K-12 students in the United States with one entry permissible per school. Educators were invited to submit a summary using video, images or text describing why their classroom deserves a makeover and were encouraged to collaborate with their students. The summary was to demonstrate how they would use tablets to enhance the learning experience in their classroom and help students explore more.
Established in 1976, Acer is a hardware + software + services company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's product offering includes PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets and smartphones — tools our customers need to explore beyond limits and experience more. Acer employs 7,400 people and ranks No. 4 for total PCs globally.* Revenues for 2013 reached US$12.02 billion. Please visit http://www.acer.com for more information.
© 2014 Acer America Corp. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners. All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available through all sales channels. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by location. Applicable sales tax extra.
- IDC 2013