Washington, DC (PRWEB) May 27, 2014
As the biologics pipeline continues to grow and patients face increasing specialty copays, co-insurance and maximum out-of-pocket limits, manufacturer-offered specialty drug coupons are becoming more commonplace. And with biosimilars soon entering the market, it will be critical for payers to identify quickly and combat coupon programs that are damaging to their efforts to manage specialty drugs. The June 5 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), “Health Plan/PBM Strategies to Manage Specialty Drug Coupon Programs,” will detail the steps health plans and PBMs are taking to manage the rising use of consumer copay coupons in specialty pharmacy.
During 60 minutes of expert presentations — from Steve Avey, vice president, specialty pharmacy, for MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc., and Alaina Sandhu, a consultant with the National Pharmacy Practice at Buck Consultants, LLC — followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, participants will:
- Understand the differences between copay coupons and patient assistance programs, and the ways they are being marketed by biologics manufacturers.
- Learn which specialty drug coupons may be undermining formulary efforts and which programs may be impacting medication adherence.
- Explore how to track and manage the use of specialty drug coupons through a preferred specialty pharmacy or network of pharmacies.
- Evaluate formulary and utilization management strategies to ensure that patients and physicians have access to clinically appropriate, cost-effective therapies.
- Understand the changing strategies of biologics manufacturers as they compete to maintain their market share of therapies.
- Learn the pros and cons of a number of strategies that can be used to combat the use of specialty drug coupons.
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4p26_060514 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.