Portage, Michigan (PRWEB) May 27, 2014
NETA, the InterNational Electrical Testing Association, hosted more attendees than ever during PowerTest 2014. Each year PowerTest, the world’s premier electrical maintenance and safety event, grows bigger and better and PowerTest 2014 topped them all.
The annual Best of PowerTest awards have become an eagerly anticipated highlight of PowerTest, with all attendees encouraged to submit ballots recognizing the best of PowerTest in the following categories:
- Best of Trade Show
- Best of Hospitality Suites
- Best of Technical Presentations by Track
- Best Overall Technical Presentation
PowerTest 2014 was held at the Hyatt Regency Denver at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, Colorado, March 3-6, 2014, and welcomed over 400 attendees for the many educational sessions and panels that make PowerTest the premier event in the electrical power systems maintenance and testing world. On March 4, 2014, over 1,000 electrical professionals visited more than 100 exhibitor booths at the Trade Show.
The Best of PowerTest awards were announced at the March 6, 2014, PowerBash banquet against the majestic backdrop of the Mile High City and Rocky Mountains. The recipients of the PowerTest 2014 awards are:
Best of Trade Show
- Most Innovative: IRISS, Inc.
- Most Visited: Circuit Breaker Analyzer, Inc.
- Best in Show: HAEFELY HIPOTRONICS
Best of Hospitality Suites
- Most Technical: Protec
- Most Appetizing: Monster Fuses
- Most Hospitable: Shermco Industries
- Most Creative: Megger
- Most Entertaining: Electro Rent Global
Best of PowerTest Paper Track Presentations
- Electrical Safety: Verify Performance and Safety of Arc-Flash Detection Systems by OMICRON Electronics William Knapek, OMICRON electronics Corp., USA
- Reliability: Keeping the Lights On – Update on Testing Medium-Voltage Cable and Electrical Reliability ServSwitchgear Systems by Ashley Harkness, Electrical Reliability Services
- Case Studies: A New Approach to Circuit Breaker Analysis by John Cadick, Cadick Finley Ledbetter, Group Corporation, and Finley Ledbetter, Group CBS
- Equipment: A Systematic Approach to High-Voltage Circuit Breaker Testing by OMICRON Electronics CoCharles Sweetser, OMICRON electronics Corp., USA
- Transformers: Decision Sciences – Will This Be on the Test? by Nicholas Perjanik, WEIDMANN Diagnostic WEIDMANN Diagnostic Solutions
Best Overall Technical Presentation: Keeping the Lights On – Update on Testing Medium Voltage Cable and Switchgear Systems by Ashley Harkness, Electrical Systems by Ashley Harkness, Electrical Reliability Services
NETA thanks all of the PowerTest attendees, speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors and congratulates this year’s winners! Be sure to plan on attending PowerTest 2015 on March 2 - 5, 2015, at the Renaissance Hotel Nashville in world-famous Music City, Nashville, Tennessee. For more information about NETA and PowerTest, please visit http://www.netaworld.org or call (888)300-6382 (NETA).
NETA is an ANSI Accredited Standards Developing Organization that creates and maintains standards for electrical maintenance and acceptance testing for electrical power equipment and systems, as well as a standard that addresses the certification of electrical testing technicians. NETA is an association of leading electrical testing companies comprised of visionaries committed to advancing the industry standards for power system installation and maintenance to ensure the highest level of reliability and safety.