Experient Health Offers Tips For Managing Health Goals In Latest Blog Post
It takes 21 days to create a new habit, according to Experient Health, which uses its latest blog post to help create good ones.
Richmond, Va. (PRWEB) May 27, 2014
It takes 21 days to foster a new habit, Experient Health wrote in its latest blog post on health living.
"That’s three weeks of hard work and dedication in hopes of making a new healthier lifestyle stick," Experient Health wrote. "Planning ahead and incorporating small manageable steps will get you started on your path to success."
For Experient Health, part of getting clients and the community on that path to good health is through its healthy living blog, launched to help readers lead healthier lives, which the Virginia Farm Bureau Company says is among the cornerstones of good, preventative medicine.
Among the tips Experient Health offered in its latest blog post include the following:
- Identify the cause of cravings to help overcome them.
- Use the 80/20 Rule: eat well 80% of the time, and 20% of the time allow a small splurge.
- Never go grocery shopping hungry.
- When a craving hits, which should only last three to 12 minutes, distract the craving with a walk around the block, call a friend or read a book.
- Drink plenty of water. Being dehydrated can trigger a hunger response.
- Prepackage snacks such as veggies and nuts into baggies to create a grab and go option for healthy snacking.
- Drink water when eating out. Add a splash of lemon for added flavor.
- Craving something sweet? Try having an apple. This sweet sensation should stem the craving.
- Workout first thing in the morning to ensure the business of the day doesn't get in the way of exercise.
"As with many things in life, motivation will get you started but you have to build a habit to have the ability to stick with it," Experient Health wrote. "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into but hard to get out of. Set goals, plan ahead and celebrate your small victories along the way."
Healthy living and preventative medicine is the best health insurance you can buy, according to Experient Health. But individuals, families and businesses do need health insurance, too. For health insurance quotes in Virginia and beyond, contact an Experient Health benefits consultant or visit this online quote engine.
Experient Health is a Virginia Farm Bureau Company.