These projects showcase successful efforts to simultaneously improve care and lower costs.
Lynwood, WA (PRWEB) May 28, 2014
Qualis Health, one of the nation's leading healthcare consulting and care management organizations, presented the Washington Awards of Excellence in Healthcare Quality today. Six healthcare organizations from across the state were recognized for achievements in improving healthcare quality and outcomes in 2013.
"Healthcare providers are responding to a rapidly changing environment, with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and community demand for greater value. Today’s awards demonstrate that healthcare organizations are responding effectively by innovating to improve care for their patients, families and communities," said Jonathan Sugarman, MD, MPH, President and CEO of Qualis Health. "These projects showcase successful efforts to simultaneously improve care and lower costs."
The award recipients were recognized during a lunchtime ceremony at the 2014 Northwest Patient Safety Conference in Lynwood, Washington. Dr. Sugarman presented the awards.
The 2014 Quality Awards of Excellence in Healthcare Quality were presented to the following organizations:
- Fort Vancouver Convalescent Center, Vancouver, Washington, for their project “A Multidisciplinary Approach to Preventing Rehospitalizations in the Skilled Nursing Setting”
- Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, for their project “Fast Track for Burn Care”
- Morton General Hospital, Morton, for their project “Safe Transfers and Reduced Time Loss (STARTL)”
- Providence St. Mary Medical Center, Walla Walla, for their project “Discharge Redesign with Implementation of a Transition of Care Pharmacist”
- University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, for their project “A Care Pathway and Diuretic Protocol to Decrease Length of Stay, Mortality and Costs on the UWMC Advanced Heart Failure Service”
- Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital, Yakima, for their project “Reduce Waste: Multi-Dose Medication for Home Use”
About Qualis Health
Qualis Health, headquartered in Seattle, is a national leader in improving care delivery and patient outcomes, working with clients throughout the public and private sectors to advance the quality, efficiency and value of healthcare for millions of Americans every day. In Washington, Qualis Health serves as the Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (REC) for the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONCHIT), and provides case management and utilization management services to Washington State Medicaid, the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries. For more information, visit http://www.qualishealth.org.