"ARDA, ARDA-ROC and timeshare developers are excited when we see stakeholders creating tools like the RedWeek MLS, which will aid the development of a strong, healthy secondary market." --- Howard Nusbaum, President and CEO of ARDA
ORLANDO, FL (PRWEB) May 30, 2014
RedWeek MLS held its inaugural membership meeting for participating brokers, agents and management companies at the Marriott Vacation Club - Cyprus Harbour Resort in Orlando, FL.
RedWeek.com, the leading online marketplace for timeshare rentals and resales, launched RedWeek MLS in November 2013, a multiple-listing service (MLS) available exclusively to licensed brokers and agents in the timeshare community.
Filling a huge void in the timeshare resale marketplace, RedWeek MLS is a secure, accurate portal that offers tools and reliable resources for industry professionals. Brokers and agents can confirm inventory, communicate confidentially with other brokers, share commission information, and gain access to RedWeek MLS’s large and expanding database of resort information.
Howard Nusbaum, President and CEO of ARDA (American Resort Development Association) noted, "ARDA, ARDA-ROC and timeshare developers all support a healthy, vibrant secondary market, and are excited when we see stakeholders creating tools like the [RedWeek] MLS, which will aid the development of a strong, healthy secondary market."
During the morning session, members focused on industry issues and legal challenges facing the vacation ownership industry:
- Nusbaum delivered an opening keynote that outlined ARDA’s commitment to developing a healthy secondary market, including developing new programs to assist HOAs and condominium associations at legacy resorts (where many resales are sagging).
- Three Florida regulators – Senior Assistant Attorney General Robert Clements; Assistant Attorney General Donna Valin; and Sara Kimmig, bureau chief of enforcement at the Department of Real Estate – provided an overview of the schemes and timeshare frauds being used against consumers and actively being prosecuted by their offices.
The afternoon session was dedicated to discussing recent changes and updates within several of the leading vacation ownership networks. The presenters talked the brokers through the resale process at their respective brands. The presenters included:
- Jan Anderson, Director, Sales and Marketing for the Resale Division of Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Barbara Rinks, Senior Director, Club and Ownership Operations at HGVC
- Chris Steinman, Senior Director of Resale Operations at Marriott Vacation Club
- Angela Ward, Senior Vice President of Operations at Bluegreen
RedWeek MLS memberships are available to licensed real estate brokers and agents only. Annual memberships are $295 and provide unlimited inventory listings on the MLS for the entire period (additional memberships available for $100 per seat).
To learn more about RedWeek MLS visit mls.redweek.com.
RedWeek® is a registered trademark of RedWeek, Inc. RedWeek.com is a member-supported marketplace for timeshare rentals and resales. RedWeek.com offers reviews, ratings, prices, availability, and complete resort descriptions for all timeshare resorts. Boasting an A+ Better Business Bureau rating, RedWeek has more than 2 million registered users and includes 5,000 timeshare resorts worldwide.
Contact: RedWeek Public Relations
Phone: (425) 458-4440