This 12-credit, graduate certificate program prepares professionals currently working in computing who want to advance their knowledge and catch up in the growing field of the management and mining of Big Data techniques and tools.
Newark, New Jersey (PRWEB) June 04, 2014
NJIT, New Jersey's science and technology university announces a Graduate Certificate in Big Data Management & Mining program. This relevant, 12-credit, graduate certificate program prepares professionals currently working in computing who want to advance their knowledge and catch up in the growing field of the management and mining of Big Data techniques and tools. Knowledge gained from this certificate can assist IT experts, managers and entrepreneurs to become more valuable employees within their current organizations and to provide consulting services to companies expanding into Big Data. Learn how to gather and analyze large amounts of data, and how to use that data to manage risk and make important financial decisions.
Topics covered help learners to understand customers, develop new products and cut operational costs. Enrollees learn efficiency, powerful programming techniques and algorithms to transform large quantities of information into business intelligence.
The Graduate Certificate in Big Data Management & Mining program teaches the following:
- Mathematical properties and usage of database programming languages
- Methods of database design, conceptual modeling, and physical storage for database information
- Fundamental notions of concurrency control and recovery in database systems
- Goal tree search, logic and deduction, uncertainty, fuzzy logic, knowledge representations, machine learning, vision, and action planning
- Methods for association and dependency analysis, classification and predication, and clustering analysis
- Current trends in data mining, and data mining for scientific, engineering and medical applications
Information on the Big Data Management & Mining Graduate Certificate program:
- 12 credits – four classes
- One year to complete (on average)
- Study is partially online, or in a classroom. Mixing and matching between online and on-campus classes is possible
- The graduate certificate is a stand-alone credential that can lead to a corresponding NJIT master’s degree in Information Systems, Business and Information Systems, Emergency Management and Business Continuity, or Computer Science (partially)
- Financial Assistance is available for students who study part-time (6 credits or more). U.S. income tax education credits can be applied as well
- New Jersey residents studying online and/or on campus are charged, as always, in-state tuition rate. Residents living anywhere in the world outside New Jersey qualify for the affordable graduate online tuition rate. This rate is significantly lower than the out-of-state fee to attend graduate classes on campus.
NJIT, New Jersey's science and technology university, enrolls more than 9,944 students pursuing bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in 120 programs. The university consists of six colleges: Newark College of Engineering, College of Architecture and Design, College of Science and Liberal Arts, School of Management, College of Computing Sciences and Albert Dorman Honors College. U.S. News & World Report’s 2012 Annual Guide to America's Best Colleges ranked NJIT in the top tier of national research universities. NJIT is internationally recognized for being at the edge in knowledge in architecture, applied mathematics, wireless communications and networking, solar physics, advanced engineered particulate materials, nanotechnology, neural engineering and e-learning. Many courses and certificate programs, as well as graduate degrees, are available online through the Division of Continuing Professional Education.