Point of Care Set to Boom in Coming Years; Driving Forward Quality and Maximising Efficiency
SMi Reports: The global market for Point of Care diagnostics is set to sharply increase by 2018, and Europe’s market is becoming increasingly competitive due to its low barriers of entry.
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 2 June 2014
Based on this information, SMi is proud to present its 11th annual Point of Care conference which will focus on the implementation, including interoperability of technology and data management that is critical to the success of Point of Care Testing (PoCT). Topics that will be examined include: enhancing quality in PoCT; trends in microfluidics for health; industry standards; and how to protect intellectual property of PoCT devices.
- Discuss the market opportunities of PoCT
- Evaluate quality control and enhance quality standards featuring UK NEQAS and UKAS
- Exclusive case study presentation on implementing PoCT
- How to deliver a quality programme for PoCT to improve service efficiency
- Gain insight into the future of Point of Care
- Professor Richard Luxton, Director, Institute of Bio-Sensing Technology
- Tim Woods, Manager & Deputy Director, UK NEQAS for Blood Coagulation
- Ben Courtney, Accreditation Manager, United Kingdom Accreditation Service
- Henne van Heeren, Founding Member, Microfluidics Consortium
- Dr Tomi Jukkola, Patent Examiner, PRH – Finnish Patent Office
- Nick Kirk, President, Institute of Biomedical Science
- David Wells, General Manager, Viapath
- Dr Gearoid Tuohy, Director, Technology Transfer & Commercialisation, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Dr Paul Collinson, Consultant Chemical Pathologist, St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust
For more information, please visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014pointofcare54.asp.
If you would like to attend this conference as a delegate, please contact Fateja Begum on +44 (0) 207 827 6184 or e-mail fbegum(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk.
If you are interested in sponsoring this event, contact Alia Malick on +44(0)20 7827 6168 or email amalick(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk.
If you would like to become a media partner, contact Sarah Watson on +44 (0)20 7827 6134 or email swatson(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk.