Geneva, Switzerland - Stockholm, Sweden - Helsinki, Finland - Brussels, Belgium (PRWEB UK) 3 June 2014
Tech Tour, the European organization which offers an investor platform to existing and emerging technology companies, and Johnny Henriksen, Anders Lindqvist and Ilkka Kivimäki, co-presidents of the Nordic Tech Tour, announced today the names of the top 25 top investment opportunities in the Nordics. The high tech growth companies across multiple industry sectors were invited to apply to present at the Nordic Tech Tour in Spring 2014. Of the hundred that were invited to apply, the top 25 were chosen completely on merit by an independent selection committee composed of industry experts, investors and entrepreneurs. The Nordics have been a hotspot for innovation and entrepreneurship over the last 10 years, and in keeping with the theme of success, the Nordic Tech Tour has invited some of the region’s top success stories to present in a new feature at this year’s event. Executives from Supercell, Spotify, Klarna, Rovio, Tobii, MySQL, Magines, FundedByMe and Stonesoft will speak candidly about their company’s journey and what they have learned on the path to success.
25 of the Nordic’s most exciting entrepreneurs seeking funding for their growth stage businesses will present to 80 investors, large corporate and government representatives in Stockholm and Helsinki, June 3-4. The top 25 presenting companies are:
adQuota, Alekstra, Analyse2, Barnebys, BehavioSec, Cabforce, CodeSealer, Epidemic Sound, Exacaster, Falcon Social, GreenGo Energy, inRiver, Instabridge, Keep-It Technologies, LeadDesk, Mekitec, Mendor, Mistral Mobile, Opalum, Qwaya, SkySQL, Soundrop, Visitret Displays, Zaplox, Zound Industries.
The biggest trend in the Nordics has been in producing high quality ICT companies that have huge success globally. In keeping with that, trend applications for this year’s Nordic Tech Tour were predominantly ICT. The sub-sectors represented in the 25 selected companies reflect this with 28% coming from Web & Ecommerce out on top closely followed by 24% in Mobile Apps. Outside of ICT we have 12% in the final 25 companies coming from Cleantech and 4% from Medtech. As is, the hallmark of the Tech Tour over 70% of the companies are in expansion phase.
Some highlights of the success stories who will speak at the Nordic Tech Tour:
- Klarna, four times a presenting Tech Tour company and Tech Tour Entrepreneur of the Year Award Winner 2012, has just announced their acquisition of SOFORT to become Europe’s leading alternative online payment provider.
- Supercell’s founder Ilkka Paananen will be the keynote presenter at the Networking Dinner in Helsinki and will talk the attendees through the company’s success. Founded in 2010 Supercell was generating revenue of over $2.4million a day in 2013!
- Rovio has turned a casual puzzle game into an international phenomenon and a multifaceted, international brand – with a feature film slated for release in 2016.
- Spotify announced in March that they were acquiring The Echo Nest, the music industry’s leading intelligence company which supports Spotify’s strategy to grow global music consumption and overall revenue.
- MySQL is the world's most popular open source database software, with over 100 million copies of its software downloaded or distributed throughout its history. MySQL Founder, Monty Widenius will speak to the highs and lows of their epic journey.
- Tobii won the Tech Tour Innovation Award in 2013 and presented at Nordic Tech Tour of the past.
- Stonesoft was acquired by McAfee in 2013 for an aggregate equity value of approximately $389 million.
- Magines most recently named best TV App at the TV Connect Awards 2014 at the BAFTA. All you need is an internet connection to enjoy the cloud based service dedicated to making TV accessible wherever you are.
- FundedByMe is one of the fastest growing crowd investment platform connecting investors and entrepreneurs.
Follow the Tour on Twitter: #Tech_Tour #NordicTT14.
Check out videos on YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/EuropeanTechTour.
About Tech Tour
The Tech Tour was founded in Geneva in 1998 in response to the growing interest in emerging technology companies in various European regions. Tech Tour is composed of key contributors to the high technology industry. Tech Tour recognizes that continued prosperity in Europe lies in its ability to transform today's innovative projects into tomorrow's global technology leaders. For further information, please visit http://www.techtour.com.
About the International Venture Club
The International Venture Club was founded in 2011 as the collaborative platform of leading venture investors promoting successful international investments. Its objectives are to 1) share better practices, 2) build co‐investor trust and relations, 3) foster new funding and investment opportunities through joint actions and PR, 4) grow promising companies with corporate partners and co‐investors and 5) keep a smart window and support to emerging innovative companies.
International Venture Club
+32 (0) 2 643 36 94
+41 22 544 60 62
+49 179 59 447 45