The 2014 Campus Technology Innovators are an extraordinary group of technology leaders in higher education. I'm pleased to congratulate all of the awardees for their innovative work and recognize the technologies that have helped their projects succeed.
Chatsworth, CA (PRWEB) June 03, 2014
Campus Technology, the leading monthly publication produced by 1105 Public Sector Media Group that delivers relevant news, trends and best practices on the use of technology in higher education, officially announces the recipients of its 10th annual Innovators awards. This year, 11 honorees were selected in six categories out of 215 nominations submitted from outstanding higher education institutions around the globe:
Category: Teaching and Learning
Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY
Project: Students Collaborating Internationally in the Academic Computing Cloud
- An international, student-designed and student-delivered academic learning environment combining a website, MOOC and open online community.
Project lead: Radley Cramer, director, Fashion Program
- Apereo Foundation
Category: Student Systems and Services:
PAR Framework (A collaborative of 16 higher ed institutions)
Project: Predictive Analytics Reporting Framework
- A multi-institutional effort to develop predictive analytics for student success and link interventions to specific risk factors.
Project lead: Beth Davis, managing director, PAR Framework
- Amazon Web Services
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
Project: AMAC Accessibility Solutions and Research Center
- A full-service center offering efficient, accessible e-text, Braille, assistive technology and captioning to post-secondary institutions.
Project lead: Christopher Lee, head, AMAC Accessibility Solutions and Research Center
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Project: MyPlan Integrated Planning and Advising System
- Open source software that integrates previously siloed administrative functions such as degree audit and articulation, student life cycle and recruitment, registration and advising.
Project lead: Darcy Van Patten, director, student information systems
- Kuali Foundation
Category: Administrative Systems
Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA
Project: New Learning Models Virtual Assessment Center
- Operationalizing credit awards for MOOC participants drives enrollment and create a new revenue stream for the university.
Project lead: Elke Leeds, assistant vice president, technology-enhanced learning
- Fifth Third Bank
City Colleges of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- A data democracy culture supported by a flexible, interactive reporting and analytics system.
Project lead: Brendan Aldrich, executive director, data warehousing services
Category: Leadership, Governance and Policy
NYU School of Social Work, New York, NY
- A community-led group for fostering collaboration, building relationships, sharing information and impacting strategy for IT across a large, distributed university.
Project lead: Evan Silberman, IT director
The University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
Project: One University Digital Initiative
- A technology strategy for a broad, sweeping campaign to ensure the university will take its place in the digital realm.
Project lead: Nick Hathaway, executive vice president
- Camp Pixel
- Delcom Group
- Okapi Studio
- Route 92 Consulting
Category: IT Infrastructure and Systems
Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
Project: DNA Compiler
- A web portal and high-performance computing platform that enables researchers to use the cloud for one of the most challenging research applications: DNA sequencing.
Project lead: Howard Salis, assistant professor of biological and chemical engineering
- Amazon Web Services
University of Denver, Denver, CO
Project: Anderson Academic Commons (Penrose Library) Renovation
- The transformation of a traditional library to a technology-rich learning commons, including a move to digital publishing.
Project lead: Nancy Allen, dean and director, Anderson Academic Commons
- Atlas Sound
- Biamp Systems
- Cator Ruma & Associates
- Chatsworth Products
- Gallun Snow
- H+L Architecture
- Listen Technologies
- Martin/Martin Consulting Engineers
- ME Engineers
- Rimrock, A BCER Group
Category: Education Futurists
NYU Stern School of Business, New York, NY
Project: Innovation Lab: Apps and Wearable Tech Powers New Learning Experiences
- A student orientation experience focused on experiential, collaborative learning and cutting-edge tech tools like Google Glass.
Project lead: Maya Georgieva, associate director
Each year, the Campus Technology Innovators Awards recognize exemplary colleges and universities, their visionary technology project leadership, and their innovative technology vendor partners that have taken technology to extraordinary new heights to meet today's challenges on campus.
"The 2014 Campus Technology Innovators are an extraordinary group of technology leaders in higher education. I'm pleased to congratulate all of the awardees for their innovative work and recognize the technologies that have helped their projects succeed," said Rhea Kelly, executive editor, Campus Technology.
This year's honorees will be recognized with a special feature in the July all-digital issue of Campus Technology magazine and an awards ceremony at the Campus Technology 2014 (CT 2014) conference at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, MA, July 28-31. The 2014 winners will also receive in-depth coverage on the Campus Technology website.
For more information on the 2014 Innovators and to learn more about our awards program, visit the Campus Technology Innovators website at http://www.campustechnology.com/innovators.
For information on CT 2014, visit the conference website at http://www.campustechnology.com/summer.
About Campus Technology
Campus Technology is one of higher education's top information sources —delivering valuable information via a monthly digital magazine, website, newsletters, webinars, online tools and in-person events. It's the go-to resource for campus professionals, providing in-depth coverage on the technologies and implementations influencing colleges and universities across the nation. You'll discover valuable how-to content, best practices, industry trends, expert advice and insightful articles to help administrators, campus executives, technologists and educators plan, develop and successfully launch effective IT initiatives. Our annual conferences showcase expert speakers, thought leaders and technology solution experts exchanging ideas on the latest technological innovations in use on campuses worldwide, offering campus technology professionals opportunities to collaborate, network and gain valuable information that helps them succeed.
About 1105 Public Sector Media Group
1105 Public Sector Media Group, a division of 1105 Media, Inc., provides information, insight and analysis to the Government IT and Education IT (FED/SLED) sectors. Our content platforms include print, digital, online, events and a broad spectrum of marketing services.