New York, NY (PRWEB) June 10, 2014
Senior executives from notable mining companies will discuss how their companies have positioned themselves in the current global economic environment at the New York Society of Security Analysts’ half-day 15th Annual Metals and Mining Conference on June 18, 2014.
Industry expert Dr. Raymond Goldie, VP and senior mining analyst at Salman Partners, will give his perspective on how the mining sector will fare in 2014.
What does the future hold? Although mining has been a strong industry for quite a while and the growth of emerging countries sparked a global boom in metals prices, will it continue and at what pace? At this critical juncture, it’s important to stay up-to-date with events occurring in this space. During this program, industry executives will also reveal their expectations for prospects, including discussions on M&A activity.
Presenting companies include:
- NOVAGOLD, a well-financed precious metals company engaged in the development of mineral properties in North America
- PolyMet, which is at an advanced stage of securing permits to construct and operate its NorthMet copper-nickel-precious metals in Minnesota
- Royal Nickel, which is focused on value creation by advancing development of the Dumont Nickel Project – one of the world’s largest nickel sulphide projects.
- Nautilus Minerals, the first company to explore the ocean floor for polymetallic seafloor massive sulphide deposits
- Cayden Resources, a well-financed gold exploration company embarking on a major gold discovery in Mexico
The 15th Annual Metals and Mining Conference will be held on June 18, 2014 from 8:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m. at 1540 Broadway, Suite 1010, New York, NY 10036.
Visit http://www.nyssa.org/metalsmining14 for the complete event description and registration information.
There is no charge for press with credentials. Interested members of the press can email press(at)nyssa(dot)org to request admission to this event.
Established in 1937, the New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) is a leading forum for the investment community. NYSSA’s mission is to promote best practices and the highest professional and ethical standards in the industry. NYSSA is a nonprofit industry organization that provides education and a venue for policymakers and practitioners to discuss the major issues that drive the finance industry and economy. The Society also strives to assist its members and other financial professionals in their career development. With over 8,000 members, NYSSA is among the largest of the 140 societies of CFA Institute, which has more than 105,000 members globally.