Princeton, NJ (PRWEB) June 03, 2014
RCN, an industry-leading provider of high-speed Internet, digital TV and phone services, is now making available to customers its most powerful DVR from TiVo. Bundled into RCN’s packages, the TiVo T6 High-Definition (HD) DVR delivers cable TV programming and a multitude of Web-based options in one easy-to-use system.
RCN’s new TiVo T6 DVR is a powerful, six-tuner entertainment system with an incredible recommendation search engine and enhanced user interface. The TiVo set-top box includes a whopping 1TB hard drive, which means you'll be able to store huge amounts of television, even in high definition. RCN’s TiVo T6 DVR delivers the following exciting features:
- Six (6) tuners – Record up to six HD shows at once;
- Up to 150 HD hours of recording capacity, or up to 1200 SD (Standard Definition) hours (up to 1 TB hard drive);
- TiVo’s best features built right in – Includes intelligent search, “Season Pass®”, “What to Watch Now”, “WishList®” and more. The device also boasts simple and easy access to favorites like Netflix, YouTube, Opera TV Store and others;
- Powerful search – RCN customers can enjoy the ability to search across live TV, RCN On Demand and Web apps, including Netflix, YouTube and more;
- Stream TV to multiple devices – TiVo Stream is built-in to the TiVo T6 box, allowing users to stream live TV and recorded shows to other TVs and devices, anywhere in their home;
- More streamlined user interface – Interaction with this TiVo device is smoother, faster and easier, making access to content faster than ever; and
- RF remote control – New RF (radio frequency) technology means the remote does not need line of site to the box in order to work.
“TiVo’s T6 is the most powerful DVR we’ve delivered to date,” says Thomas Elam, GM, TiVo’s Service Provider Business. “TiVo is proud to partner with RCN to bring this solution to their customers. We are committed to continued innovation, and with the new T6 DVR, RCN customers will get the very best TV experience available.”
“Just like RCN’s recent launch of the Netflix app on our TiVo service, RCN’s TiVo T6 redefines the way our customers are able to watch and discover great TV,” confirms Chris Fenger, Chief Operating Officer at RCN. “TiVo T6 DVR delivers an enhanced, state-of-the-art experience that our customers have come to expect from us. By offering a DVR that can record six shows at once, plus an all-integrated, intuitive experience, there’s an unrivalled world of great entertainment at our customers’ fingertips.”
RCN’s TiVo T6 device is available immediately to all RCN customers. For tips and other resources on how to get the most out of RCN’s TiVo Whole Home experience, customers can tune to Channel 997 on their TV or visit rcn.com/tivo to view video tutorials.
# # #
About RCN Telecom Services, LLC
RCN Telecom Services, LLC (http://www.rcn.com and http://www.rcn.com/business) provides industry-leading high-speed Internet, all-digital TV and phone services for residential, small/medium and Enterprise business customers. PC Magazine’s Readers’ Choice Award named RCN one of the winners for best cable broadband ISPs in 2013 – RCN was rated highest in satisfaction for reliability. RCN was also ranked #1 in Boston by Netflix for the best viewing experience. RCN's affordably priced advanced digital services are delivered through our proprietary, state-of-the-art fiber-rich network and supported by 100% U.S.-based customer service. RCN's primary service areas include Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Lehigh Valley (PA), New York City, Boston and Chicago.
About TiVo Inc.
Founded in 1997, TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO) developed the first commercially available digital video recorder (DVR). TiVo offers the TiVo service and TiVo DVRs directly to consumers online at http://www.TiVo.com and through third-party retailers. TiVo also distributes its technology and services through solutions tailored for cable, satellite and broadcasting companies. Since its founding, TiVo has evolved into the ultimate single solution media center by combining its patented DVR technologies and universal cable box capabilities with the ability to aggregate, search and deliver millions of pieces of broadband, cable and broadcast content directly to the television. An economical, one-stop-shop for in-home entertainment, TiVo's intuitive functionality and ease of use puts viewers in control by enabling them to effortlessly navigate the best digital entertainment content available through one box, with one remote and one user interface, delivering the most dynamic user experience on the market today. TiVo also continues to weave itself into the fabric of the media industry by providing interactive advertising solutions and audience research and measurement ratings services to the television industry. More information at: http://www.TiVo.com.
RCN Media Contact:
Jaymie Scotto & Associates for RCN
866-695-3629 ext. 19