New York, NY (PRWEB) June 04, 2014
Toxins are an inevitable part of modern living; they’re in our food, water, cleaning supplies, medications, and air. And they’re not doing us any favors: The International Agency for Research on Cancer has concluded that eighty percent of all cancers are attributable to environmental influences, including exposure to carcinogenic chemicals—not to mention the countless cases of diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular and respiratory illnesses that are complicated by environmental factors. And while many popular detoxes can help, they focus primarily on short runs of deprivation diets, leading to temporary, superficial, and often downright unhealthy results.
In The Weekend Wonder Detox, clinical nutritionist Michelle Schoffro Cook, PhD outlines six three-day programs designed to help readers look and feel better fast—without jumping through the hoops of the traditional lengthy, complicated, and costly detox process. Dr. Cook’s plans combine detox recipes and nutritional advice with other healing therapies, such as mediation, aromatherapy, acupressure, and yoga, to relax and balance the mind and spirit along with the body. Each program targets a different problem zone of the body:
1. Love Your Liver: In charge of more than five hundred functions, the liver is the most important and most overworked organ. Clean it up to increase energy and clarity of thought, develop luminous skin, flatten the tummy, and increase metabolism.
2. Lymphomania: Cleaning up this network of nodes and tubes that that keeps cells sewage-free will help reduce aches and pains, bloating, puffiness, cellulite, and fat deposits.
3. Kidney Flush: The kidneys are the first line of defense against toxins. When they’re at their best, they regulate the excretory system and reduce back pain, bloating, and puffy eyes.
4. Colon Cleanse: A fiber-filled diet along with cardio and some abdominal TLC will boost the colon’s function, leading to a flatter stomach, decreased bloating and improved digestion, heightened immunity, and an all-around lighter feeling.
5. Skin Rejuvenation: Most common cosmetics and personal care products contain more than eight hundred toxins. Eliminating them will reduce acne, rashes, and dry skin.
6. Fat Blast: Target fat stores and amp up metabolism as a way to jumpstart the journey to weight loss and healthy eating.
Designed so readers can mix-and-match and repeat them as often as they like, these detoxes serve as a strong foundation for an all-around healthier lifestyle.
Michelle Schoffro Cook, MS, PhD, RNCP, ROHP, has advanced degrees in natural health and holistic nutrition as well as more than two decades of experience in the field. The international best-selling author of sixteen books on health and wellness, she lives in British Columbia, Canada.
May 1, 2014 $16.99 Paperback Original Health 302 pages ISBN 978-0-7382-1736-9
Contact: Jenna Gilligan, Publicist 617-252-5202