“Fluendo’s vision is to enable digital media engagement worldwide by directly empowering devices and desktops,” said Muriel Moscardini, CEO of Fluendo.
New York, NY (PRWEB) June 05, 2014
Fluendo (http://www.fluendo.com), a company that enables multimedia and video on a wide variety of devices and operating systems, has launched a new, comprehensive suite of products called ONEPLAY. Now available for download for end-users and businesses, ONEPLAY provides users with a seamless and secure multimedia playback solution that is the only professional multimedia suite that respects numerous and important patents, keeping users safe and compliant.
The new ONEPLAY suite is comprised of:
- ONEPLAY player – all-in-one playback application able to play all formats and platforms, including Linux, Windows, Mac, Android and iOS, integrated with various DRM options. It includes all necessary patent licenses and fully certified and licensed DVD playback capabilities.
- ONEPLAY engine – a media player API leveraging the GStreamer SDK (an Open Source framework) and a codec pack which makes it easy to add GStreamer powered media playback on applications for all supported platforms (Android, Windows, Linux, MAC OS X, and soon iOS)
- ONEPLAY codecs – a compilation of GStreamer plugins for the GStreamer SDK that can be bundled with a user’s preferred application
- Hardware accelerated video decoding support on GStreamer – accelerated video decoders support VDPAU (NVIDIA), XVBA (AMD), VAAPI 8INTEL), DXVA (WINDOWS) and VDA (OS X)
- Adaptive streaming solutions – as one of the first providers of this solution, Fluendo’s ONEPLAY player includes DASH, Smooth Streaming and HLS, as adaptive streaming is becoming a mandatory requisite for TV solutions
“Fluendo’s vision is to enable digital media engagement worldwide by directly empowering devices and desktops,” said Muriel Moscardini, CEO of Fluendo. “Our new ONEPLAY suite is built on the GStreamer platform, which allows us to support the open community all while helping users and businesses experience optimal, legal multimedia consumption.”
Founded in 2004 in Barcelona, Fluendo (http://www.fluendo.com) enables multimedia on a wide variety of devices and operating systems. Fluendo employs several of the central developers of GStreamer, an Open Source framework which is quickly establishing itself as the de-facto standard multimedia framework for cross-platform software. Fluendo provides a wide range of products under and above GStreamer, including proprietary codecs (together with their respective patent licenses), a streaming server, and the Fluendo DVD Player.
# # #