Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 06, 2014
The initial figures on how many Medicare-Medicaid dual eligibles are opting out of joint CMS-state demonstration programs are even higher than expected. What is behind the high opt-out rates? What can be done to improve poor rates within the regulatory constraints? On June 17, participants of the Atlantic Information Services webinar, “High Duals Demo Opt-Out Rates: Why They’re Occurring and How to Reduce Them,” will hear all the details from three experienced duals plan executives.
Tom Standring, vice president, Medicare at Molina Healthcare, Inc., Sonja Brehm, vice president, health plan services for Fallon Total Care, and Tom Lutzow, Ph.D., president and CEO of Independent Care Health Plan (iCare) will lead a lively 60-minute presentation, followed by 30 minutes of responses to individual questions. They will provide insightful answers to key questions such as:
- What CMS and state constraints exist when it comes to enrollments and disenrollments of dual eligibles?
- What do the initial data say about why duals beneficiaries are choosing not to participate?
- How can health plans reach difficult-to-contact, passively enrolled duals beneficiaries more effectively?
- What steps should the plans take with providers and patient-advocate groups so these critical stakeholders help limit opt-outs?
- How can the plans engage passively enrolled duals members in personal health planning and thus deter opt-outs?
- What personal information can the plans get from duals themselves that can reduce the likelihood of opt-outs?
- How should plans monitor and evaluate opt-outs in ways that can quickly respond to what is occurring?
- What steps can plans take to meet care-integration and savings objectives in the face of high opt-out rates?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4a22_061714 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.