Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 09, 2014
It is no easy task for parents to pick a city where they want to raise their children. Many factors are considered to give the best opportunities for their family. MyLife.com has made this daunting task easier by identifying the top 10 cities best at providing a quality childhood. Judged by five criteria, including crime rate, public school rating, public parks per capita, average family salary and cost of living, the following locations made the list:
1. Scottsdale, AZ: Scottsdale ranked first in average family income and fourth in the public schools category. TPC Scottsdale is one of the many family friendly events in the city, where kids can visit or even play in the tournament.
2. Fremont, CA: Fremont is the fourth most populous city in the San Francisco Bay area and the birthplace of the Mac computer. Fremont ranked third in the crime rate category and second in public schools.
3. Irvine, CA: This study ranked Irvine first in quality public schooling and second in average income. Irvine has previously been named one of best places to live in the U.S., partly because of the school systems.
4. Chandler, AZ: Chandler is the second Arizona city to make the top five and a center for technology with satellite offices for Intel and Orbital Sciences Corporation, as well as manufacturing plants for Microchip and Motorola. These tech jobs ensure families can live well in the area.
5. Raleigh, NC: Part of the Research Triangle that includes the universities of Duke, North Carolina and North Carolina State, Raleigh ranked eighth in the public schools category. They also took first place for cost of living.
6. Plano, TX: Plano hosts the headquarters of Pizza Hut, J.C. Penney and Toyota, just to name a few. The city ranked sixth in average income and crime rate, making it easy for parents to feel safe in this Midwestern town.
7. San Diego, CA: San Diego is known for the beach and sunshine. So while the city has a higher cost of living, residents have many opportunities to keep their families healthy as they ranked eighth in public parks per capita.
8. Honolulu, HI: Honolulu boasts gorgeous scenery, making it a beautiful locale to raise a family. It is no surprise that Honolulu ranked first in public parks per capita.
9. Henderson, NV: Henderson had an exceptionally low crime rate, ranking fourth, and also had a very good public school ranking, coming in at sixth. With a fitting motto, "a place to call home," Henderson also has a high median income.
10. San Jose, CA: The "Capital of Silicon Valley," and the third largest city in California, San Jose is another top city strong in technology. While it has a fairly high cost of living, the city’s residents also have high incomes, ranking eighth in that category.
For methodology and further information, please visit http://www.mylife.com/blog/the-10-best-cities-to-raise-children/.
About MyLife.com Top 10 Lists
MyLife.com helps people manage their digital life, all in one place. The “Top 10 Cities” lists reinforce community and connection among their 67 million subscribers across the nation. By determining the best locations for writers, artists, foodies, and more, MyLife.com is committed to sharing relevant, organized information to enhance the lives of its users.
About MyLife.com, Inc.
MyLife.com (http://www.MyLife.com) helps people manage their digital life, all in one place. With personal information scattered across the Internet, MyLife.com’s online Identity Manager™ gathers public and private data, empowering users to take control of their identity as they see fit. Founded in 2002 by technology entrepreneur Jeffrey Tinsley, the company has more than 67 million users and is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.