Shanghai, China (PRWEB) June 10, 2014
Foodies around the world can now pack their bags and spend a culinary holiday in China, engaging in one of six new bite-sized trips around the country, as well as one 12-day culinary journey. Gourmet on Tour announces the addition of these special culinary vacations that offer the opportunity for guests to eat their way around Beijing, Fujian, Sichuan, Shanghai, Yangshuo or Yunnan. The culinary adventures are just the latest foodie destinations among a variety that they offer, spanning the globe.
“To keep up with your insatiable appetites of our guests for new destinations, we have expanded our food adventures to new frontiers and the world’s tastiest hotspots,” explains Judith von Prockl, managing director of Gourmet on Tour (http://www.gourmetontour.com), an award-winning specialist in culinary adventures. “Delivered with passion, style and local connections, these culinary holidays promise to be life-changing and unique adventures, off the beaten track.”
The six bite-size culinary tours now being offered include:
- “A Taste of Beijing” This includes walks through the capital’s old Hutongs, most exciting markets and the highest-rated eateries. Foodies on the tour will also get to make dumplings with a local family and learn all about the famous Peking duck, as well as taste the unforgettable flavours of the Mongolian hotpots. Sightseeing is also part of the package, taking guests to the top destinations in the area. Rich in culture and history, vacationers will find themselves immersed in the area that includes such notable places as Tiananmen Square, Olympic Park, Ming City, the Forbidden City, and the remote areas of the Great Wall.
- “A Taste of Fujian” This tour along the lush coastline includes sightseeing at the UNESCO site Hakka Tulou, cooking authentic Hakka food, visiting tea plantations and participating in a tea ceremony, tasting refined Oolong tea, exploring Xiamen, lunch at a famed vegetarian restaurant, strolling through Gulangyu Island, and sampling Taiwanese treats at the night market.
- “A Taste of Sichuan” Based in Sichuan’s busy capital, this bite-sized tour features one of China’s four great cuisines, hands-on cooking classes, food photography, spice shopping, night markets, and visiting the giant pandas at the panda breeding center. Food ranges from spicy tofu to subtle hotpots. Sample local street food, enjoy a traditional tea ceremony, and play mahjong. This vacation also includes a hike on the Happy Mountain to see the largest Buddha carving in the world.
- “A Taste of Yangshuo” This journey will guests through the beautiful limestone formations, biking through rural villages, paddy fields, and floating down the river Li. Foodies will share a meal with a local family, make traditional handicrafts, visit organic farms and learn to cook authentic regional dishes. From traditional beer fish and stuffed vegetables to fresh rice noodles, there are many culinary delights on this tour.
- “A Taste of Yunnan” Known for the stunning terraces and snow-capped mountains, this tour will include sightseeing at tiny villages and hidden temples, including visiting the largest Tibetan Monastery in Yunnan. Cuisine focuses on local, freshly prepared traditional dishes, including having a picnic overlooking the lush rice terraces. Learn from local chefs how to cook authentic dishes using local organic produce. Explore Naxi villages and learn all about bee keeping and honey making from local families.
- “A Taste of Shanghai” Experience the best of China’s most vibrant city. The trip includes off-the beaten track sightseeing by side car, guided walks to marvel at the UNESCO heritage Bund area, imperial tea service, Chinese cooking class and discovery of the old lanes of the former French concession. This is a foodie’s heaven with the variety of street food, Dim-Sum Crawl, wet market tour and amazing restaurants.
“We have created the ultimate series of bite-size culinary experiences for those who want to go deeper into a region and experience authentic local cuisine,” adds von Prockl. “ From the best sights to the most delicious bites, we have you covered.”
Gourmet on Tour is also offering a full China culinary tour that consists of 12 days through the heart of the Middle Kingdom and along the Ancient Tea Horse Trail. It will take people from Beijing to Shanghai and other important provinces, meeting Chinese chefs, visits to local markets, and learning about the freshest ingredients. The tour will also include biking, a picnic on the Great Wall at sunset, traditional tea ceremonies, and an in-depth appreciation of local culture and cuisine.
Once foodies make their way to their holiday destination, Gourmet on Tour takes over having everything planned out for them to make it an easy holiday that doesn’t skip a beat. Each day of their adventure is filled with food, culture, history, and sightseeing. No need to worry about gaining weight with all the delicious food, as the tour will include biking, walking, and hiking to balance out the delicious meals. The 2014 dates are currently upon request through to November. The suggested length for a bite-sized trip is 3- to 4-days as a stand-alone trip or a delicious add-on to a longer journey. The recommended length of the Taste of China tour is 12 days and can be entirely tailor-made to meet individual needs.
Prices range depending on the time of the year, length of the tour, and number of guests. All prices include hotel accommodations, all meals, private transfers, itinerary sightseeing, hands-on cooking courses, food tours, an English-speaking guide, entrance fees, and taxes. For more information, visit the website at: http://www.gourmetontour.com.
About Gourmet on Tour:
Gourmet on Tour was started in 2000, by Judith von Prockl, a highly acclaimed travel specialist drawing on depth of experience and connections to create inspirational, life-changing tailor-made holidays. Today, the award-winning culinary adventures can be arranged around the world, giving attendees a unique opportunity to learn local cuisine and culture together. There are over 80 worldwide cooking holidays awaiting food connoisseurs, ranging from half a day to a weekend or week. Gourmet on Tour thoroughly arranges everything from private cooking classes to access to exclusive wine cellars. To learn more about Gourmet on Tour, visit the website at: http://www.gourmetontour.com.