Richmond, Va. (PRWEB) June 09, 2014
As warmer weather arrives and more families buy personal fireworks to use on Independence Day, Experient Health encourages everyone to follow a few extra safety tips to prevent fires and remain injury free.
"While the bright colors and flashing lights of fireworks are a great addition to a summer party, make sure you use common sense and a few basic safety guidelines to keep the fun from turning into a fire or injury," Experient Health wrote in its latest Blog post.
Experient Health, a Virginia Farm Bureau Company, launched its Blog series - Live Well, Work Well - last year to not only help the community better understand health insurance amid the changes under the Affordable Care Act, but to also showcase ways to live healthier lives. A healthy lifestyle is the key to preventative healthcare and offers the best insurance for the body.
Among the tips offered in the fireworks tips post were the following:
- Buy fireworks from a reputable source. Do not use homemade fireworks.
- Be sure to find out the state's laws for fireworks. Different states have different rules. Also look into the local regulations.
- A designated adult should supervise all fireworks, and children should not handle them.
- Use fireworks outside in a clear area away from buildings, vehicles and animals.
- Keep a host and water buckets nearby.
- Soak duds and spent fireworks in water before disposing of them in the trash.
- Never consume alcohol before shooting fireworks.
- Light fireworks one at a time.
For more information about Experient Health, contact a benefits consultant or visit the online health insurance quote engine.
Experient Health is a proud company of the Virginia Farm Bureau.