The 440 words in “What I Learned From You” are, arguably, the most important foundational lessons that a person should have in their lifetime.
Colleyville, TX (PRWEB) June 11, 2014
What parents teach children will serve them for a lifetime. Seven foundational life lessons are shared in a Fathers Day Poem titled “What I Learned From You” by Gary Hennerberg.
These are life lessons that Hennerberg learned as a boy while observing his dad, Alvin, a farmer from Nebraska. These seven life lessons come from the perspective of growing up on a farm, and are sound principles that readily extend to people from all walks of life.
These seven teachings include principles such as:
- How to capitalize on the good fortunes of today and make the most of it now
- When life is in a slump that it’s an opportunity to hone your skills by reading or taking on other educational endeavors
- That multi-tasking enables a person to double, even triple, a person’s effectiveness and productivity when multiple projects are managed at the same time
- The importance of maintaining things around you, be it your car or your home—or your relationships—to preserve its value
- Doing things right to protect your character and reputation, being careful not to destroy what takes years to cultivate
- Doing the “right” thing, even when nobody will notice, and that good fortune comes to those who treat others well
- The importance of having a faith system, and when you trust in God or a higher authority, how at the end of the day, and at the end of time, everything will be all right
The unspoken lessons children observe while watching their parents often speak louder and can be more impactful than words or lectures would ever be.
The 440 words in “What I Learned From You” are, arguably, the most important foundational lessons that a person should have in their lifetime. Fathers and mothers alike have a responsibility to be positive role models for their children. Through "What I Learned From You," it's Hennerberg’s hope that parents may be inspired to become stronger role models.
Hennerberg, himself, is the father of two daughters. Using these foundational life lessons from his own father, he and his wife pride themselves on having daughters that have grown up to be responsible students and citizens. He and his wife have often been sought after for advice about how they so successfully raised their children.
Hennerberg’s Father’s Day tribute, “What I Learned From You,” is on a website that allows readers to leave their comments about their own father using their Facebook account.
Hennerberg is also the author of "Urges," a book about his childhood struggle with trichotillomania, more commonly known as hair pulling disorder. In his book he shares examples and life stories of love and support given to him by his mother and father. He has gone on to become a successful marketing consultant and writer specializing in internet direct marketing.