Thanks to Huzzah's mobile app solution, we closed a $75,000 piece of business, because we were able to make the experience so much easier for our customers.
The Woodlands, TX (PRWEB) June 11, 2014
For small businesses with less than 10 employees, going digital often ranks low on the priority list – but in today’s always-on world, businesses who don’t take steps to improve their digital footprint are losing out on opportunities to grow and compete more effectively. Huzzah Media, provider of innovative digital solutions for SMBs, is revealing its top “Dos & Don’ts” to help small businesses easily, and cost effectively, go digital.
“For SMBs today, particularly those on Main Street, going digital can be a daunting task – in fact our recent study found that seven in 10 say time and cost restraints prohibit them from improving their online presence,” said Lance Brown, vice president of product development for Huzzah Media. “The truth is businesses that understand how to approach their online program will be better poised to compete and thrive. As overwhelming as it may seem, there are simple things small business owners can do to get started today.”
Huzzah’s Top Dos & Don’ts of Digital
1. DO Start with Your Website: It sounds simple, but don’t neglect your Website. Keep it fresh by updating it on a bi-weekly basis. Have someone on your team take ownership of the site, and make it part of their regular to-do list. Map content back to what will help your audience – what problems do they have that you can help solve with your content? Build a content calendar to keep you on task with updates.
2. DON’T Neglect the Power of Search: While a good website is critical, it’s not enough. Studies show only 28 percent of small businesses are happy with their company’s Google rankings. For many, more control over the power of search can not only have a big impact on reaching your customers, it can help you track insights about how they are finding you and what other stores/terms they’re looking for that leads them to your business. Get started by getting a free Google analytics account to understand traffic patterns to your Website.
3. DO Reward the Loyal: In order to drive repeat business and reward your most loyal customers, try integrating a rewards program, which can help you better compete with larger businesses and create increased enthusiasm among customers. Huzzah offers a first-class digital rewards platform that businesses can customize, control and afford.
4. DO take it Social. Establish and maintain your key social network platforms, like Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Customers want to engage with brands beyond where they are being sold to, so social media is a great way to stay engaged and show your store’s personality. Remember to keep up with them or you risk losing momentum you have when you set them up.
5. DON’T Forget an App: Many small businesses neglect to take their digital presence to the app store. Several new tools provide out-of-the-box solutions that can help you get started. With an app, you can more easily let your customers know about discounts, deals and exclusive offers. As well as use it to track and send invoices and do business on the go. For some, like Blade Runners Commercial Landscaping, it has resulted in big returns.
"Thanks to Huzzah's mobile app solution, we closed a $75,000 piece of business, because we were able to make the experience so much easier for our customers," said John Rodriguez, owner of Orlando, FL-based Blade Runners Commercial Landscaping. "We initially got the app for bragging rights, but quickly realized it's helping us do more business, and be more effective. Today, everything is on the phone and everyone is on-the-go, so providing access via our mobile app has made it exponentially better for us and our customers."
About Huzzah Media
Huzzah Media provides innovative digital solutions for small businesses. We've built our business on truly understanding SMBs and have learned what merchants need to move ahead in today’s mobile world. From the best customer loyalty platform to a powerful mobile app solution, Huzzah Media has done the heavy lifting for its customers to help them chart a new course for competing with larger brands and driving more revenue.