Our commitment extends beyond the walls of Nemours to the care we provide through outstanding hospital partners, sharing our expertise and capabilities to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions.
Wilmington, DE (PRWEB) June 10, 2014
Nemours, one of the nation’s leading pediatric health systems, has been recognized again by U.S. News & World Report (USNWR) for being among the best children’s health systems in the nation in the 2014-15 edition of Best Children’s Hospitals. In the latest rankings, released today, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE, was ranked in all ten specialties including cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, gastroenterology & GI surgery, neonatology, neurology & neurosurgery, nephrology, orthopedics, pulmonology and urology. This is the first time the hospital has been ranked in all ten specialties.
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children ranked in all ten USNWR specialties:
Cardiology & Heart Surgery (#39)
Diabetes & Endocrinology (#23)
Neurology & Neurosurgery (#41)
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children has been ranked among the nation’s best children’s hospitals each year we participated in the survey.
- This is the first time duPont Hospital for Children is ranked in all ten specialties. In 2013, the hospital ranked in 8 specialties.
- duPont Hospital for Children is one of only 20 hospitals to be ranked in all ten specialties.
- The Best Children’s Hospitals rankings highlight USNWR’s top 50 U.S. pediatric facilities in cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, gastroenterology & GI surgery, neonatology, nephrology, neurology & neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology and urology.
- Five-sixths of each hospital’s score relied on patient outcomes and the care-related resources each hospital makes available. To gather clinical data, U.S. News sent a clinical questionnaire to 183 pediatric hospitals. The remaining one-sixth of the score derived from a survey of 450 pediatric specialists and subspecialists in each specialty over three years. The 4,500 physicians were asked where they would send the sickest children in their specialty, setting aside location and expense.
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is currently undergoing a 450,000 square foot expansion. Set to open in October 2014, the expansion was designed by families, for families and will create an environment that promotes healing and advances the quality of care provided at the Hospital.
“Every Best Children’s Hospital deserves high praise. We know how important it is to parents to have confidence in pediatric centers that show dedication and expertise in caring for a child facing a life-threatening, rare or demanding illness.”
--Avery Comarow, U.S. News and World Report Health Rankings Editor
“Nemours Children’s Health System has made a promise to help children grow up healthy and reach their full potential. We are honored that these specialty rankings from U.S. News & World Report recognize the expertise, dedication and teamwork of our physicians, nurses, researchers and staff, working in partnership with families to improve and restore the health of children entrusted to our care. Our commitment extends beyond the walls of Nemours to the care we provide through outstanding hospital partners, sharing our expertise and capabilities to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions, and doing so at the highest level, every time.”
-- David J. Bailey, MD, MBA, President & CEO, Nemours
- Quality and Safety Data from Nemours
- U.S. News & World Report Best Children’s Hospitals 2014-15
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children on USNWR
Nemours (NAH-mors) is an internationally recognized children’s health system that owns and operates the Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Delaware and the Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando, Florida along with major pediatric specialty clinics in Delaware, Florida, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Established as The Nemours Foundation through the legacy and philanthropy of Alfred I. du Pont, Nemours offers pediatric clinical care, research, education, advocacy and prevention programs to all families in the communities it serves. For more information, visit http://www.Nemours.org.