The infotainment industry is currently going through a shift as both traditional and non-traditional players
(PRWEB) June 10, 2014
The exclusive interactive webinar will be held on Friday, June 20, at 10am PST and is open to the entire infotainment community. Register here: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/webinar.php.
As with the mobile industry before it, for the last few years the focus in the world of in-car infotainment has been on putting apps in the car. Now that the rush to get apps into the dash is calming down, the industry is starting to move more towards delivering smart, relevant content that can really get users on board. Along with this, the infotainment ecosystem is experiencing a shake-up as traditional players diversify outside their usual roles and the tech. giants start to want a slice of the action. The speakers in this webinar will evaluate how in-car infotainment is changing and what they see as the future of content and services in the connected car as automakers race to make their mark in this space.
Telematics Update Project Director, Annie Reddaway adds, “The infotainment industry is currently going through a shift as both traditional and non-traditional players are mixing it up a bit and trying new things. It’s an exciting area to be in right now and a lot of people are wanting to get the delivery of in-car content right. Both Ford and INRIX are currently doing great work in this space and I look forward to hearing what they have to say.”
To discover what big players think about the current shifts in the industry, Telematics Update has organised a free live webinar entitled, ‘App-Mania is Dead! The Evolution of In-Car Infotainment’. The 45-minute session includes live Q&As and will be delivered by two key industry figures:
- John Ellis, Global Technologist of Connected Services Solutions, Ford
- Mark Pendergrast, Director of Project Management for Auto, INRIX
The webinar will cover:
- Plot the diversification of the infotainment ecosystem, from the entry of tech. and data giants to the evolution of traditional telematics players to position yourself in the rapidly shifting space
- Quality over quantity. Identify how drivers consume in-car content to focus on how to deliver intuitive, simple and seamless services that people actually can and will use
- Harness data to deliver personalized and contextual content and services that anticipate the needs of drivers and place the car at the center of the connected lifestyle
The webinar is a unique opportunity to hear first-hand how some of the leaders in the telematics ecosystem are strategizing in a rapidly changing industry ecosystem.
The complimentary interactive event will be held on Friday, June 20, at 10am PST and is open to the entire connected vehicle community. To join, register here: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/webinar.php.
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Project Director | Telematics Update
7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK
T: +44 (0) 20 7375 7221 (Global)/1 800 814 3459 ext 7221 (USA Toll Free)