Heritage Elementary School is committed to developing a well-rounded, healthy student and community member.
Glendale, Arizona (PRWEB) June 10, 2014
Going to school should be fun and so should signing up for school. Heritage Elementary School wants its returning and prospective new students to have fun from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Saturday, June 21, during the annual Family Fun Fest enrollathon.
The Family Fun Fest invites families to visit, tour and enroll at Heritage Elementary School, 6805 N. 125th Ave., in Glendale. Kids can enjoy free hot dogs, popcorn, snow cones, games, indoor jumping castles and great giveaways, while parents meet school staff and teachers.
During the event, families can learn more about what Heritage has to offer, including:
- Free full-day kindergarten
- Free before- and after-school care
- A free breakfast program
- A character-based curriculum
- Highly qualified, certified teachers
- A supportive, responsive campus community
- Available bus transportation
- Sports, arts, computers and more
Parents are asked to bring their child’s birth certificate and immunization records, which are required for enrollment for 2014-2015 school year.
Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis, but for parents who can’t attend the Family Fun Fest, they can come by the HES office during business hours and pick up an enrollment packet. Enrollment applications are accepted year round. All students who apply to Heritage Elementary School are accepted as long as there are openings in a child’s grade level.
Raena Janes, school founder and director, suggests parents ask these questions when deciding where to enroll their children in school:
- How much flexibility and control do the school’s educators have over curriculum?
- Which school suits the student’s talents and potential?
- As a parent, do you want a school that focuses on making students well-rounded academically and productive members of society or a sole focus on academics?
- Are parents encouraged to get involved in school?
- What is the student-teacher ratio at the school?
- Do students get individualized attention from school staff?
Heritage Elementary School delivers on all of those questions and is committed to developing a well-rounded, healthy student and community member. In addition to learning math, science, reading, writing, social studies, and the arts, students learn the importance of character traits including trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
Janes invites all parents to come see how Heritage Elementary is educating tomorrow’s responsible citizens and community leaders, and how the school’s entire staff works together to make learning fun and exciting.
For more information about Heritage Elementary or the Family Fun Fest, visit http://www.hesglendale.org, or call (623) 742-3956.
About Heritage Elementary School
Heritage Elementary School, founded in 2002, is one of Arizona’s fastest-growing charter school systems. The tuition-free, character-based charter school is home to two campuses, one in Glendale and one in Williams, and serves more than 1,000 students in preschool through eighth grade. Both the Glendale and Williams locations offer bus/van transportation. Raena Janes, an active, award-winning advocate for Arizona education and charter schools, is the founder and charter holder. Visit the school’s website at HESGlendale.org.