New York, NY (PRWEB) June 12, 2014
An expert panel of investment professionals will give the audience a true insiders’ view of the mechanics of investing and balancing unique risk and reward factors in Latin America at NYSSA’s Latin American Capital Markets Conference on June 25, 2014. The panel features speakers who have been ahead of the curve in the burgeoning Latin American investment field.
By now, any serious global investor recognizes the tremendous economic potential of Latin America and the significant strides many of its countries have made over the past decades. The only questions that remain for potential investors are what distinguish Latin America from other developing markets? What investment vehicles are most appropriate? What are the risk factors and how do you quantify them? Those interested in fixed income, private and public equity, or highly-structured vehicles such as project finance, will hear from experts who have successfully delivered returns from these investments in Latin America.
- Sarah Alexander, Managing Director, The Abraaj Group
- Gaite Ali, Emerging Markets Equity Portfolio Manager, Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Daniel Bases, Correspondent, Reuters
- Darin Batchman, Emerging Markets Corporate Debt Portfolio Manager, Stone Harbor Investment Partners
- Christopher T. Bruneau, Executive Director, 57 Stars
- Dr. Drausio Giacomelli, Managing Director & Head of Emerging Markets, Market Strategy, Deutsche Bank
- Michael Hacker, Managing Director, AlpInvest Partners
- David Hinman, Chief Investment Officer, SW Asset Management
- Roger K. Horn, Emerging Markets Corporate Credit Analyst, MacKay Shields
- Andrew W. Jones, Emerging Markets Equity Portfolio Manager, PineBridge Investments
- Ksenija Jovanovic, Director of Strategy and Business Development, Latin American Private Equity & Venture Capital Association
- Sebastián Miralles, CFA, Private Equity Principal, CAF
- Luis Oganes, Ph.D., Global Head of Emerging Markets Research, JP Morgan
- Jonathan Prin, Portfolio Manager & Member, Global Fixed Income Group, JP Morgan Asset Management
- Pradeep Ramamurthy, Director, The Abraaj Group
- Donald Rissmiller, Partner, Strategas Research Partners
- Robert Schmieder, Head of LatAm Credit Research, BBVA Securities
- M. Caglar Somek, Partner and Global Portfolio Manager, Caravel Management
- Dr. Stephen Wood, Chief Market Strategist, Russell Investments
- Albert Yuen, Head of Portfolio Management, LR Global
The Latin American Capital Markets Conference will be held on June 25, 2014, from 8:00 a.m.—3:00 p.m. at NYSSA Conference Center, 1540 Broadway, Suite 1010, New York, NY 10036.
Click here for complete event description and registration information.
There is no charge for press with credentials. Interested members of the press can email press(at)nyssa(dot)org to request admission to this event.
Established in 1937, the New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) is a leading forum for the investment community. NYSSA’s mission is to promote best practices and the highest professional and ethical standards in the industry. NYSSA is a nonprofit industry organization that provides education and a venue for policymakers and practitioners to discuss the major issues that drive professionals in their career development. The Society also strives to assist its members and other financial professionals in their career development. With nearly 9,000 members, NYSSA is among the largest of the 140 societies of CFA Institute, which has more than 105,000 members globally.