San Mateo, CA (PRWEB) June 16, 2014
NextLabs®, Inc., the leading provider of policy-driven Information Risk Management software for large enterprises, today announced the launch of NextLabs Digital Rights Management for Siemens PLM Software customers. The solution improves business agility and time to market by enabling businesses to collaborate globally and securely.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading global provider of PLM software and services.
The partnership enables aerospace and defense, automotive, and high tech customers to better protect sensitive product data by controlling access and usage across PLM, CAD, and visualization systems during global product collaboration and field service operations. NextLabs Digital Rights Management will support Siemens PLM Software’s customers who use:
- Teamcenter® portfolio, the world’s most widely used digital lifecycle management software
- NX™ software, a leading integrated solution for computer-aided design, manufacturing and engineering (CAD/CAM/CAE)
- PLM Vis and the JT™ data format
NextLabs Enterprise Digital Rights Management solution together with Siemens PLM solutions provides the most comprehensive solution to protect intellectual property as product data is shared worldwide with partners, suppliers, contractors, foreign employees and joint venture partners. Enterprises that implement the NextLabs’ digital rights management (DRM) solutions are safeguarding their intellectual property, including but not limited to - trade secrets, patents, research, and designs –from internal shrinkage and external theft.
The integrated solution helps global enterprises enhance export and regulatory compliance, and protect intellectual property in:
- global product collaboration
- field service operations, and
- supply chain networks.
The integrated solution automates the application of rights protection and document metadata to any data managed in Teamcenter, and persistently protects intellectual property data after it has been downloaded from Teamcenter. Unlike other solutions where protection is often limited to Office or PDF documents, the integrated solution extends protection to all file types, including NX design and visualization data. Protection is automatically applied based on policy, and provides an end to end audit trail of how Teamcenter data has been used.
- Products available for sale:
o NextLabs Rights Management Plug-in for NX
o NextLabs Rights Management Plug-in for JT
o NextLabs Control Center
o NextLabs Collaborative Rights Management
- Valuation of trade secrets involves private sector expenditures on research and development (R&D); approximately one-dollar of spending on R&D produces nearly three-dollars in added economic activity within the same year and between sixteen and sixty-nine dollars over ten years according to the Battelle Foundation report “2013 Global R&D Funding Forecast”.
- The automotive industry’s international patent filings increased eighteen percent in 2013 compared to the year before according to the World Intellectual Property Organization.
- Other areas of increased patent applications cover electronic machinery, computer technology and digital communications at 7.8 percent, 7.7 percent, and 7.3 percent, respectively according to the World Intellectual Property Organization.
“NextLabs is excited to join Siemens PLM Software’s partner community. The strength of our two organizations working together will deliver significant value to our customers,” said E.K. Koh, Vice President of Solutions Management for NextLabs, responsible for world-wide go-to-market programs.
“Siemens PLM Software is enthusiastic about the collaboration with NextLabs. This agreement is (the first step/the final step) in the development of an integrated solution that will provide added value to our mutual customers,” Bill Boswell, senior director, Partner Strategy, Siemens PLM Software.
To learn more about NextLabs intellectual property protection for Siemens PLM customer, please email PLMSolutions(at)NextLabs(dot)com.
NextLabs®, Inc. is the leading provider of policy-driven Information Risk Management software for large enterprises. NextLabs’ software automates security controls and compliance procedures across all core business processes to enable safer global collaboration, safeguard information sharing, and prevent wrongful disclosure to sensitive and non-public information. We have helped many global business operations, and mitigate data breach while improving compliance and limiting information risk exposure. NextLabs’ partnerships with industry leaders such as IBM, SAP, Microsoft, Deloitte, HCL Axon, Adobe, HP, PTC and Siemens bring to market industry-focused information risk management solutions that combine industry best practices with turnkey applications, to meet customers’ governance, risk, and compliance requirements.
Note: JT, Teamcenter and NX trademarks or registered trademarks of Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. All other trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks belong to their respective holders.
Note: NextLabs, the NextLabs Logo, Compliant Enterprise, the Compliant Enterprise Logo, Deep Event Inspection, 360 Degree Enforcement, and ACPL are trademarks or registered trademarks of NextLabs, Inc. in the United States. All other company, product, or service names mentioned may be trademarks or service marks of their respective companies.